Chapter Eight - Heavy Hearts

A/N: there's self harm in this chapter, if this triggers you, I'll put a asterisk where it begins so you don't have to read that part. If anyone is dealing with self harm, disorders, or depression you can always talk to me if amything. Therapy does help too, and it's never bad to ask for help. 

Anyways enjoy.

Song Recommendation: "The A Team" by Ed Sheeran

Heavy Hearts
Bekka

Kaiden stared at me with a smile on his face. We were talking for sometime now, just about meaningless things. I had texted Wes a couple of times, but still there was no answer. I was annoyed with him at this point.

"So what's your favorite thing about Professor Landon?" Kaiden asked, taking a sip from a glass of water. He leaned against the counter, seeming very relaxed and at ease.

I folded my arms and shrugged. "I don't know yet, but when I do find what I like, I'll tell you."

Kaiden nodded.

The kitchen door opened and in walked Wesley, with his face as red as the devil himself. He lunged for Kaiden and grabbed his throat tightly, pinning him against the counter. He was growling words at him. I couldn't understand what he was saying.

I screamed and stared with my eyes wide, not knowing what to do. Back in Oklahoma, it wasn't your business to pull a fight, you could get hurt as well.

Wes landed a right hook to Kai's jaw. "Get the fuck out of here. I'll fucking kill you if I see you around," He slurred.

"Oh just like Jack," Kai spat, "or. . . Maybe you'll pull an Oren on me."

Wes grabbed Kai's collar and shoved him into the wall. Kai moaned in pain and got up again ready to attack. I took this as my queue. "Stop please." I grabbed Wes' arm to prevent him from hitting Kai.

Wes elbow slammed into the side of my eye. I whimpered and backed up. I was shoved off, hard. My butt smacked to the floor. I was appalled. My eye instantly throbbed.

Did he just. . . ?

He just. . . Hit me. "Wes. . . ?" I squeaked.

He glared at me. "You were gonna go fuck Kai weren't you!? You fucking whore, you go do that! You're like a little puppy following me around. Just leave me the fuck alone!"

My eyes filled with tears instantly. I put head down. "What are you talking about Wesley!?" I screamed.

Wes walked towards me in threatening way. It was as if he was going to hit me again, but this time it was intentional.

Kai sidestepped Wes and walked over to me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up slowly. He glared at Wesley. "You do not hit a woman, Wesley. You're drunk, call Grace and go home."