Chapter Five - Dusty Past

Song Recommendation: "Falling Slowly" by The Swell Season

Dusty Past
Wesley

I was annoyed. Simple as that. For Kaiden to even have the audacity to even come up to my face and talk to me after what happened. He disgusted me. "What type of person would have the audacity to even look at Bekka like that?" I blurted.

Simon stared at me. "I mean. . . You have no claim on Bekka, so if he wanted to look at her like that he cou--"

"Simon," I interrupted, "please. Just agree with me this time."

Simon laughed. "When are you gonna get your license back for your motorcycle?"

I raised a brow. "You're sick of driving me places?"

Simon shook his head, "never."

"In a month."

Simon smirked. "Gonna drive Bekka places?"

I shook my head. "Bekka doesn't like transportation. Well, I don't think she likes cars. Don't know about motorcycles."

"What? Why?"

"I don't know. She doesn't like taking taxi's. Only when she has to. She rather take the subway or bus," I shrugged.

"You think something happened to her?" Simon asked as he took a right turn.

"A lot of things happen to different people dude." I looked at my phone. Bekka sent me a funny GIF. I smirked.

"Have you noticed that scar in the back of her neck?" Simon commented. He was asking so many questions, my brain was about to explode. Although, this piqued my interest.

I narrowed my eyes and looked at Simon. "Why are you looking at her neck?"

Simon laughed. "Because she picked up her hair. I saw a tattoo right there, then I looked down and saw it."

"Ask her yourself. We're here." I got out of the car and looked into the café. There she was, playing around with the coffee machine. I instantly smiled.

Simon grabbed his bag and walked to the café. "Wow this place looks pretty great."

I nodded, completely ignoring Simon. "Hey Bekka."

Bekka smiled immediately. "Hey, sorry I couldn't ride with you guys, I had to go do something."

I shook my head. "It's okay."

"So what's up?" Simon asked. He settled into the stool across from the table, staring at Bekka intently.

She shrugged, "nothing much." Her gaze settled on to me and she half smiled.

"How's the coffee machine?" I asked.

"Better than you making it," Bekka teased. She handed me a cup and slid one over to Simon.