Part 4

-(b/n): Wait what do you mean he's not like the other guys???

-(b/n): WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT BOY DOIN TO YOU??

-(b/n):I knew it... he's most likely brainwashing you.

-(b/n): (Y/N) QUIT YOUR FANGIRLING AND CHITTER CHATTER WITH UR NEW BOY TOY AND ANSWER ME DAMMIT!!!! YOU BETTER BE OKAY!!!!

"Huh?" you sat down in your usual seat for history class and felt constant buzzing in your pants.

Aw shit, I never replied to (b/n)

"oooooh (y/n) who's that???"

You looked to your right and unfortunately remembered who sat next to you in history:

One of the bitches who took part in that little gang who insulted you earlier.

"Why do you care?"

"Pssh, oh hon," the prep flicked her straight-blond hair, "Sometimes I just feel so sorry for you, always mingling with a bunch of losers and low-lives-"

Sitting two seats behind you two, you heard Yugi clear his throat very loudly. You both turned around and saw him piercing his menacing eyes right through the girl next to you. The girl turned around instantly, looking as petrified as before over Yugi's great confidence. You looked back at Yugi and mouthed "thank you."

He winked in response and an instant shot of butterflies coursed through your body.

"It's so cool to know a guy like him!" you thought.

"Good afternoon class! Hope you all had a wonderful and delicious lunch! Today we are going to be- oh," Mrs. Calvin noticed Yugi, "and you must be Yugi, our new student! Welcome to Oakwood High School! We give you a warm and welcoming welcome!"

"Thank you very much Mrs. Calvin," said Yugi.

The girl next to you made a weird sound, "I'd kill to have that voice in my bed..."

"WHAT?!?!"

You may have yelled a little too loud, cuz the whole class started staring at you, some of them laughing.

"Miss (l/n)? Is everything alright?"

"Uh," you looked over at the skank next to you, feeling utterly disturbed, "y-yeah, yeah, everything is fine."

"Okay. Well everybody, open your textbooks..."

You gave the girl, maybe I should start remembering SOME of their names, a "what the hell" look.

"Awww, I'm sorryyyyy," the blonde sneered, "is somebody jellyyyyyy...?"

You sighed and looked forward, opening up your textbook, "N-no, it's just, that sounded pretty disturbing to me coming from your mouth."

"Wellllll...ya gotta admit," she started chewing on gum, "he IS pretty hot, I'm surprised he's hangin out with an ugly like you."

You rolled your eyes, "you think making friends with people is all about looks? It's about personality and compassion and-"

"Yadda yadda yadda. Yeah whatever. Can you shut up now so I can learn and not be stupid like you?"

You shook your head and laughed to yourself, yeah sure, I'M the stupid one...

"Jacky, referring to what we have been learning about so far, can you tell me when World War 2 happened?"

"Well Mrs. Calvin," the girl next to you straightened her posture, "I believe it was in 2002."

Yup. Point proven.

Since the girl next to you- Jacky- was oh-so popular, nobody gathered the balls to laugh at her. The teacher sighed, "No no, that is incorrect. And because of Jacky being way off on maintaining basic knowledge, I want you all to re-read the chapter to yourselves silently."

The whole class groaned in response and turned the pages back to the front of the chapter. You turned to Yugi and smiled, shrugging your shoulders in the process. At least this will be good for Yugi so he can catch up.

Yugi rolled his eyes and gave out a small, quiet laughter. You decided that this may be a great time to respond to the various spam from (b/n).

- "MY GOSH CALM DOWN AIGHT??? HE'S AWESOME! I CAN'T WAIT FOR Y'ALL TO MEET HIM!!"

RING RING RING!!!

"(Y/N)! Turn that phone off right now!"

What the hell? Confusion spread across your face, My phone is on silent though! why is it going off?

It was at that moment that you realized that it was not an ordinary text, but an amber alert. Your phone was slightly different than the other student's phones, because even if your phone is on silent, the amber alert will still ring and beep like crazy instead of just vibrating silently like the other phones that are on silent. You started freaking out inside. Amber alerts usually meant bad news.

"I'm so sorry Mrs. Calvin, but that was my phone that went off," Yugi stood and held out his phone. You looked at Yugi with shock.

"O-oh! That's alright Yugi!" the teacher laughed to herself, "just make sure it never goes off again, alright?"

Yugi nodded and sat back down. He looked at you and gave a thumbs up when the teacher looked away.

__________________________________________

"Well (y/n), you ready to head over to 4th period? I think I have art next," Yugi said as he looked over his schedule.

You stood up and gathered your things, "Yeah, same here! It's awesome how we have all the same classes! How fortunate!" You two made your way out of the classroom, "And Yugi, you didn't have to do that. I could've taken the blame... I mean it was MY phone after all... I didn't want you to be the one who got in trouble for it..."

 "Hahaha, don't worry (y/n), you already had a warning earlier from that teacher, you didn't need any more commotion."

Your face flushed a little, "Hehe, yeah. Well, thanks Yugi. I just can't believe she automatically assumed that it was my phone going off and not someone else's."

Yugi smirked, "Maybe you just have a more recognizable ringtone," he teased.

"Oh you," you lightly shoved him, both of you laughing.

"To be honest," you said while looking down, "I am still a little bit worried."

"Why?" Yugi asked confused.

You looked into his sweet welcoming eyes, " Because that last alert was an amber alert, and I'm really scared about what's happening out there since I have to walk home from school."

"Well, amber alerts can just notify things that are happening very far away," Yugi said brightening up," but if you're really worried, I could walk you home from school if you'd like."

The offer made you come to a halt in the middle of the hallway, "Oh- no no no, I couldn't ask that from you, you've done so much for me already..."

Yugi place his hand below your cheek, "It's not a problem (y/n)."

The touch made you feel...protected. You know that no matter what, Yugi is going to protect you from any harm. Whether it'd be school, personal, or anything. You know that this guy is gonna be one to rely on.

"Okay, sounds like a plan!"

_________________________

Well whatdaya think? XD Hope I'm still keeping up with my touch on how this story is progressing :) if any of you guys have constructive criticism, let me know! Or if you guys have any ideas as well! And as always, thanks so much for reading!

<3 Crystal