Part 22

"Mess one more time with my girlfriend Bakura, you will not see the light of day if you do so. She means more to me than anything else on this planet, now leave."

You dared to meet the eyes of the teen who had pinned you down earlier as you slowly turned your head back. Bakura stood there. Frozen. His eyes unblinking and his mouth gaped so wide that 100 flies could have landed  in it.

Without any reaction from Bakura, Yami threatened him again, "Don't even think about mentioning this to Mr. Shalz either." You could feel Yami's muscles tense up in anger. It would really suck to get in a fight with Yami, you thought.

Bakura blinked. His eyelids only opened partially, looking down.

Looking defeated.

"Mr. Shalz.... is the last thing on my mind that I need to worry about...Pharoah."

Your (e/c) eyes gleamed with bewilderment. Bakura sounded so sad, like he had just failed at something that could mean the end of the world for him. A sad that spoke of hopelessness. What could he be talking about? Does he finally realize that what he is doing is wrong?

Bakura finally picked up his feet and walked passed the two of you as if nothing had happened.

You closed your eyes, your head feeling weightless. Your head rested back on the center of Yami's broad chest. The sound of his heartbeat soothed your scrambled thoughts, you took this time to let the situations of the current events that have just happened to calibrate and flow smoothly like a stream in your mind for easier comprehension.

Thump-thump (Heartbeat noise, idk how to type it out xD)

He enveloped me in his arms...

Thump-thump

He kissed me...like he was about to lose me....

Thump-thump

He kissed me...the man of my dreams kissed me...

Thump-thump

"(Y/n)..." His arms wrapped around you tighter, his voice wafting over your entire body that made you feel all tingly inside, "It's alright now sweetheart, he's gone."

You took in a deep breath and looked up at him.

"You...you kissed me...," You were tasting your own words. You smiled, sliding your hands down from his shoulders to his upper-chest.

He smiled, "Yes...I couldn't hold in my true feelings about you any longer (y/n). I..." He started playing with your (h/c) hair. He let out a short, soft laugh and shook his head as well, "I'm crazy about you. You're on my mind every passing minute of every passing day. You're very gentle and understanding. Super smart. And remarkably gorgeous. It's unbelievable to believe that you don't see that about yourself (y/n)...can't you see just how great you are?"

What...how...what is this?  You pressed your head softly against his chest again. No one has ever appreciated me so much like this...

You felt a warm tear escaping your eye, feeling it trek down the side of your face.

"Yami...I don't know what to say...," you sniffed, "Thank you..."

"You believe me, don't you?" His large hand cupped the side of your face where the tear had fallen, his thumb rubbing away the trail it left behind.

Your eyes met his again, but before you could answer, an overwhelming thought hit you hard against your own good.

(B/N) NEEDS YOUR HELP!

A jolt of adrenaline shot through every vein of your body, waking you up from the comforting comatose that Yami has captured you in.