Part 18

"Hey (y/n)! What's up?"

"Yami!" you gripped the phone in your hand tightly, "I need you to come over here...I think I found a way of discovering a new ability that my millennium bracelet can do!"

"Really?!?!" Yami's voice lit up with excitement that made you smile, "How!?!"

"I'll show you when you come over! I don't want to waste anymore time over the phone, finding another mysterious ability about the bracelet will bring us one step closer into stopping any bad thing that comes in our way!....like Bakura." You shook your head with irritation just thinking about that guy.

"Let's hope (y/n). I will be right over there! Meet me at your front porch!"

"Okay!" You two hanged up your phones. You headed straight to your front porch, noticing that on the way there that your mom and dad were both at work. They work all the damn time..., you thought, even though I'm thankful that they do have jobs, it's just I can never picture myself working all the time like that...I'd rather lazy around and stay a teen for the rest of my life...except without school. I hate school.

Opening your front door, you welcomed in the almost-setting sun's sunlight.

Come on Yami...where are you?!?!

After that urging thought, it's like you summoned him. The strong, handsome, and charming teen that you knew as one of your greatest friends stood before you.

"Sorry that it took a little longer for me to get here, Joey needed help on a math problem real quick so I-"

He was cut off by you running straight to him and grabbing his millennium puzzle. You frantically took off your millennium bracelet that was wrapped intricately around your wrist and placed it on top of the side of the millennium puzzle that displayed the Egyptian eye, making a "clink" sound. Instantly after that act of pure curiosity and experiment, the light from both of the millennium items shined like the rays of the sun, but not as blindingly.

You looked up at Yami and saw a transparent image of a human figure splitting himself away from Yami's body...

"Y-yugi?!?!" you questioned.

The light sealed itself back within the items. But it wasn't just a shocked Yami who stood in front of you...

There was a short, happy and smiling teen standing right besides Yami, facing you as well...

"YUGI?!?!" You and Yami both exclaimed at the same time, looking at Yugi with utter-most bewilderment. "You..." Yami started, "...you have your own body..."

Yugi looked down at himself, "Actually pharaoh, I think it's YOU who has their own body now..." Yugi looked at you and then Yami, lunging himself at him and giving him a big hug, "Haha! This is awesome now pharaoh! I don't know why but...it's just so cool! And look!" Yugi let go of Yami and held his own millennium puzzle, "We each have our own millennium puzzle now..."

"What!?!" Yami sounded as if he was starting to get a little worried, "How does that work!?"

"Let's see," Yugi held his and Yami's puzzles together, discovering how Yami's is able to merge within Yugi's. "Hmmm...looks like it's just one millennium puzzle that has been copied for the both of us to have..."

"(y/n)" Yami turned to look at you, "this is a pretty strange discovery. How did you find out about this?"

You sighed,  "I didn't, it was basically Bakura that gave me idea..."

"What?" little Yugi questioned, "how did he know that the bracelet would be capable of this?"

"Conduction..." You met both of the boy's confused glares, "the process by which heat or electricity is directly transmitted through a substance when there is a difference of temperature or of electrical potential," you were repeating the definition that Bakura had told you earlier at the library. How you remembered that whole thing word for word was even surprising to you. "But in this case, the direct transmission of power to a substance with a much lesser level of power..."

"Ah so in this situation, you transferred some of the greater power from your millennium bracelet to my millennium puzzle which gave it the power to separate my body from Yugi's..." Yami said, tasting his own words.

"I think I'm more intrigued by how you remembered that whole definition (y/n)," Yugi blurted out.

"Welllllll Yugi, I do happen to have straight A's," you said teasingly.

"Pssh," Yugi rolled his eyes. Yami on the other hand kept his eyes focused on his millennium puzzle.

"So...Yami," you said, "how does it feel having your own separate body?"

"I- it just feels...so strange," Yami said.

"Look on the bright side Yami! At least we can all do this now!" You pulled the two teenagers towards you and caught them in a big group hug. All of you laughing happily. Yami spoke up after the hug, "Plus, now that I have my own separate body, I don't have to worry about Yugi interrupting me while I'm with you (y/n)."

"Hey! That's kind of rude Pharaoh!" Yugi said teasingly, "Now just because you said that, I'll make sure to bother you twice as much even with our bodies being separate from each other!"

Yami patted Yugi on the head, "We'll see about that."

You laughed, you loved the relationship these two guys had. Almost as if they were long-lost brothers or something.

Out of the corner of your eye, you made out some headlights coming up the driveway...

Oh shit, mom and dad are here...

_________________________________________

What do you guys think of this part? Sorry if this part is kinda short and not all that interesting, I'm having a bit of writer's block today unfortunately. I promise that the next part will be much better!

Have a great week!

~Crystal