Part 23

-Bakura's POV-

I Failed....

again....

Marik is really gonna kill me this time...

After school was over, I took over my host's body yet again and teleported to Marik and I's secret lair. As the light from my millennium ring enraptured me, I couldn't help but mentally scold myself for how foolish I had been. Why couldn't I kill her right then and there when I had her pinned down? Or at least just steal the millennium bracelet wrapped around her wrist? What's wrong with me?!

There's no way I can make an excuse out of this, I'm gonna have to lie.

The light dissipated. I was standing in the center of the rounded, stoned, dungeon-like room. And there Marik was, investigating some jewelry that looked newly-stolen.

That, or it was just in really great condition, or just really expensive.

"Ah Bakura," Marik said without taking his eyes off the accessories, "have you watched the news recently? Still my favorite comedy show! They still know us as the 'Cloaked Thief'. If only they knew there were two men behind this. Nah, you know what? Let them think that actually. Since I'VE been the one doing all the stealing recently while YOU'VE been slacking at your cursed job!"

"I killed (y/n)." I replied the instant he stopped talking, my words sounding forced. Please believe me Marik...

"Oh?" Marik turned his head and faced me with pure enticement smothered across his whole face to what I was saying. "Can't wait to hear that on the news as well! Where did it take place?"

I put a mask of fake pride on my face with a devious smile, pinning Marik down with my strong gaze. "It took place at school."

Marik rolled his eyes and clapped slowly and sarcastically, "Yeah, real smart binky-boy, not like they have cameras or anything."

"Pssh what's in it for you Marik? At least I'm taking the burden off of your shoulders for you. Keep in mind that I'M the one in charge here."

Marik's head darted to the special area of the room's wall where the final instalment of our plan was taking refuge, "Oh really? Because I've been chatting with Zorc and he says otherwise..."

"I highly doubt that."

Marik flicked his hand, "Whatever. So...," he crossed his arms, "where is it?"

"What? You're intelligence?" I sneered.

"The millennium bracelet Florence, don't play dumb with me."

I tensed. What do I tell him?

"I....I...."

"Failed," Marik interrupted and sighed, "You failed again."

My hands bunched into fists and I dared myself to meet the gaze of my partner in crime, "But I did kill her though!"

"I don't believe that."

I sighed, already accepting defeat, "Fine, I'll try again. I'll actually kill her the next time I see her-"

"I'M TIRED OF WAITING BAKURA!" Marik yelled and chucked a stolen bracelet down to the ground with anger. His violet eyes flaming with rage. "I mentioned that if you couldn't follow orders efficiently by killing her and taking the bracelet that is rightfully ours, then I will go do it myself." He ran his hand through his thick ash-blond hair, "and since you haven't done what you were told, it shows how disloyal you are. It shows how you'd rather see that wretched girl live than seeing us become unstoppable. So..." Marik raised his millennium rod and pointed it towards me. His face showing no expression whatsoever. "I have to do this..."