Part 11

"You're going to love it (y/n)! It's owned by Yugi's grandfather and it's filled with trading cards from the most awesome game in the world!"

You perked up, "And what would that be?"

They all said together:

"Duel Monsters!"

"Oh my gosh! I love that game! You mean, you guys play that game too???" you couldn't believe that you found more people that like the game just as much as you do!

Tristan spoke, "Heck yeah we do!"

"No way (y/n), I never knew you had a liking to that game!" said a very happy Yugi, "I can't believe I didn't mention it to you in the first place!"

"Well, this is pretty cool!" said Tea, "another duelist!"

You laughed nervously, "Well...I wouldn't really say I'm a duelist...but I guess I'm pretty good at the game..."

"I'm sure you're better than Joey at least," mumbled Tristan.

Joey made an almost growling noise, "Watch it Tristan..."

Everyone laughed...well except for Joey.

"Listen (y/n)," Yugi spoke softly to you, "being labeled a duelist doesn't mean how well you play the game, it just means that you're a player of the game that has an enjoyable time playing it when dueling with others. So of course you're a duelist just like the rest of us!"

You felt a little better about yourself, "Thanks Yugi!"

____________________________________________

"There it is!" said Yugi, pointing ahead at a small building with big letters that spelled out "game."

As you all entered the building, your eyes couldn't stop darting from one area to the other. There were so many cards!

"Oh!" said an elderly voice, "afternoon already?"

"Grandpa," Yugi introduced you to the man behind the store counter, "this is (y/n), a new friend of ours!"

You stretched out your hand, "It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Muto!"

He shook your hand, "It's a pleasure to meet you as well (y/n). Now..." a questionable look appeared on his face, "It's either I don't recall ever seeing you around this neighborhood...or I'm startin' to forget things...hopefully I'm not in that stage yet..."

You and Yugi both laughed, "Well grandpa, the thing is," Yugi looked at you with a glare you couldn't really comprehend, "a girl like her isn't that easy to spot around here."

Your inner fangirl for this boy started to bubble inside your throat, wanting to come out.

a girl like her?....what exactly does he mean?

You heard Tristan and Joey making "oooooooo" sounds from behind you guys, "Wow Yugi, I've never heard you talk like this before about a girl," Tristan said, with emphasis on the word "girl."

You blushed and looked at Tea who was on the other side of you the whole time. She rolled her eyes at what was going on and looked away from you.

She either looks annoyed or mad...., you thought, could she...maybe...like Yugi?

Oh no, it's a good thing I don't live here, I don't want anymore drama.

"Yeah Yug', an American  girl hehehe," said a mischiveious Joey.

"ALRIGHT YOU TWO THAT'S ENOUGH!" Tea shouted at them which made them freeze in fright. "And I bet you two have lots of homework since you guys never do it, come on lets go in the breakroom upstairs to get it done," Tea grabbed Tristan and Joey by the ear making them both say "ow."