Part 19

Hey everyone! Surprise update! I'm so happy that so many of you are enjoying my story...but I need your honest opinions about how it is progressing. If you think I need any improvements on anything please let me know either by personally messaging me or by commenting. It really helps because I want to create the kind of stuff that you guys like to read. Thanks again! I hope you enjoy this part! Oh and yeah, this part is about Bakura's point of view...but sorry if it sometimes feels like third person.

Also, HAPPY NEW YEARS! :D

__________________________________________

-Bakura's POV-

"Look at this Bakura!" My old partner-in-crime was scavenging through the mountain-sized piles of stolen jewelry that him and I have been collecting for about two weeks now. But...I don't like to consider it to be called stolen jewelry...more like...earned jewelry....since I am the one who deserves anything of high expense for being the soon-to-be ruler of mankind. Hell, thanks to my Millennium ring, I have been able to teleport around the world becoming known as the "Mysterious cloaked thief" as my world-wide actions have been casted on news and radio station networks, striking fear into those fools. One day...all will bow to me...their superior...

"What is it Marik?" I sat against the cold brick wall of the circular dungeon-like room. Having my head hang low with agitation and putting my right hand up against my forehead. Despite the proud euphoria I felt that emitted from my plan to becoming the greatest, I currently at the moment could not force out the current thoughts that have been lodged in my brain recently...bothering the shit out of me...

"I found a belly button ring! Made completely out of real gold!" The tanned-skin teen's eyes shined with delight at the small spherical accessory, "Maybe I should consider getting my bellybutton pierced since I love showing off my midriff!" Marik turned and looked at his childhood friend, "What do you think Bakura?"

"Yeah...sure...," my hands clenched into fists. No matter how hard I try...I'm never going to get over this...

"Bakura?" Noticing something was off, Marik got up to stand in front of his friend. Looking down at him with curiosity he asked, "Is something wrong? You look kinda shaken up..."

Damn it! I thought, why am I letting this get to me?

"It's her Marik..." his raspy British accent putting emphasis on the word "her" like it was some kind of bad taste to his mouth, "I'm going to easy on her..."

"Oh," Marik lit up with a bit of anticipation from what Bakura was saying, "You mean (y/n)-"

"DON'T SAY THAT FILTH OF A NAME!" I spat. I sighed with disgrace, "She's been bothering me more than that stupid Pharaoh..."

"Well uh..." Marik glared at his friend with confusion, "what do you mean you've been going 'easy' on her? Her millennium bracelet is the most powerful thing we have ever encountered on a human being before and you know that. It's hard to stand against such a force like what her and the Pharaoh has got."

I shook my head. "I'm aware of that," I sneered. I pulled my hand away from my forehead, noticing that it was still pressed up against my head, and slowly opened my eyes with distress, "It's just...I know I can do much better in capturing her bracelet more than what I have been doing...I've noticed I've been taking things way to slow when I confront her or the Pharaoh unlike how I usually carry out my plans which are quick and straight to the point, reacting on-the-spot and not letting my victims get away from what I want from them. It's not like that when I face her...It's like I'm distracted which is preventing me from stopping her and collecting what is rightfully mine and because of that," I looked up at the ash-blond, "it has been allowing her to push me out of the way and have a chance for her to escape from me..."