Chapter Two

Remember, vote if you like :)

Two

                The next day I went into school and everything was normal, well, I still got the odd looks off people, but, other than that, nothing was that different. Kyle met me at my locker, not because he’d asked me to, but because his was a few rows down.

                “How’s the dog?” he questioned first.

                “Barnie is a silly mutt,” I replied laughing a little, “but, I love him, so he’s absolutely fine.”

                He chuckled. “Your dog’s awesome, he knows his way around the forest.”

                “Do you have a dog?” I asked him.

                “Yeah,” he nodded, “a few of them actually.”

                “That’s why he ran to your house,” I nodded and then I closed my locker door, “he’s a dog dog. Um… he’s a…”

                “A get you,” he laughed, “like a people person.”

                “Yes, but-”

                “A dog dog,” he burst out laughing and I found myself laughing too because it sounded hilarious. A dog-dog sounded really stupid, but that was exactly what he was, “what do you have first?”

                “AP Biology,” I admitted, then did a slicing acting across my throat, “kill me.”

                He smirked. “I’ll happily walk you there, I seem to have exactly that too.”

                “Of course,” I nodded. I swear I heard Kyle growl lowly as his eyes flickered passed me and I turned to see what he was looking at. My eyes landed upon Jack, who was looking in the same direction, glaring, “oh, that’s that Jack guy, right?”

                “Stay away from him,” another voice muttered and I watched as Mr Stone walked passed, keeping eye contact with me with a look that was menacing and scary. He broke eye contact and continued down the hallway. What happened to nice Mr Stone from yesterday? Wow, mood change.

                I looked at Kyle and he smiled a little, though in his eyes I saw hatred and it wasn’t aimed at me, that much I knew. “Is he a bad guy?”

                Kyle nodded, and then grabbed my wrist, pulling me in the direction of the biology room. He put on arm around my shoulder as we walked and he was almost acting like a protective big brother or something, which was weird. We arrived to Biology and the teacher greeted me before I took a seat with Kyle and Maria at the back along with two others that I forgot the name of. The day went by pretty quickly and I soon found the week did just the same. I stayed away from the forest, only taking Barnie for a walk in the direction of town instead.

                Friday night came along far too quickly, which meant the party. I got myself dolled up like I usually would do for a party and went downstairs where I waited for Kyle to turn up. I hoped he wouldn’t stand me up, but he definitely wasn’t a guy for that. He was way too protective.

                “What time you going to be back?” my dad asked when he walked into the hallway from the kitchen.

                “Um… not sure, not too late,” I replied, “I’ll take my key.”