Twenty-One: The Vampire.

                Travelling to the homeland was pretty easy, especially since flights from England were really cheap, but this didn’t make the whole flying experience enjoyable. Let’s just say the Alitalia weren’t exactly the company of the year, in my opinion, even though I guess for a cheap flight they represent the word very well. When the plane had landed, I collected my rucksack and then journeyed to a hostel hoping they would take me in for the night.

                And, they did.

                After settling in, I decided to take a tour of the city and I discovered that Rome was probably the most beautiful city in the world. The Trevi fountain sure was my highlight and I made a wish, not that I’m telling what the wish was. That was pretty personal. Rome would’ve been a lot more perfect if Damon was there, but I knew I had to journey on alone until I was sure of the truth and my past. Sometimes I thought I was just a plain idiot for ditching those who loved me for myself. In fact, I knew I was an idiot.

                I spent quite a few days in Rome and shopped around for random things that I could take back home with me like I had done in Brighton. I’d spent about two weeks in Brighton and in and out of London before I came to Rome because I wanted to find out more about my father, but I couldn’t find anything. It wasn’t until I was walking home from having dinner out in a small restaurant in Rome that I noticed how the city seemed to change a lot more at night. Yes, the city was romantic, but there was so many things that seemed to be hidden within the walls. Maybe it was the fact that I felt like I was being stalked or the fact that when I walked passed an alley, I heard shouting and the words ‘werewolf’ and ‘vampire’ popped up somewhere in the conversation.

The next few days went by pretty quickly and I tended to stay inside when it began to get dark, trying to keep to myself. But, one night, I just decided to slip out of the hostel and go for a walk. Not to find trouble or to endanger myself, but just to get a glimpse of life in the middle of the night. Also, I couldn’t sleep because my mind was going crazy for Damon and I was beginning to feel sick and lonely. Mostly lonely. I didn’t know where I was walking to, but I ended up sneaking into the Coliseum, which was pretty easy seeing as I’m a werewolf, and sat in a hidden place whilst I collected my thoughts about going home.

I sure as hell wanted to go home.

After all, home is where the heart is and my heart is where Damon is.

I must’ve fallen asleep because I woke up to the sound of a loud growl and then some sort of fast flowing wind sound before my eyes snapped open and I found myself staring into the eyes of a man who held a smirk on his face.    

“Alright, girly?” he asked. It was still dark, but the torch that was lay on the floor next to me helped me pick out his mouth and eyes. It took me a few moments to remember where I was and I sat up quickly with a gasp.

“Oh shit,” I swore, “what time is it?”

“It’s about two in the morning,” the man informed me and I stood up quickly and turned to him.

“Thanks for waking me up, dude,” I told him before I ran in a random direction. I was too tired to think anything of it, but when I bumped straight into a brick wall, my brain triggered into response and I stumbled. There in front of me was the same guy, I think, stood tall whilst a small chuckle left his mouth.