Chapter Fifteen: Leaving the Pack Behind

Sorry it's taken so long to write, this is a really dramatic chapter :')

Fifteen - Leaving the pack behind.

                “You are an idiot,” I smacked Damon’s arm playfully as I giggled, walking up to my room.

                “Hey, I couldn’t stand seeing you so depressed!” he replied, giving me a small bump with his hip. He chuckled and then placed an arm around my waist, “I’m glad you had a good night.”

                “Good night, my ass,” I replied, “brilliant night more like.”

                “Shh…” he whispered into my ear, making me giggle and place my hand over my mouth. Okay, I admit that I had a little bit to drink, but it was offered! I mean, Damon did stop me drinking, but after three glasses of wine I felt a little bit tipsy.

                He lead me into our room and closed the door behind him whilst I climbed into the bed.

                “This is so comfy,” I sighed as I got comfy in the bed.

                “Comfy with or without me?” he chuckled.

                “Better with you,” I whispered into the pillow, “it’s cold.”

                I felt him climb into the bed next to me and then he pulled me close to him. I fell asleep relatively quickly into a sleep filled with luscious dreams.

                When I entered school the next day, I saw students gathering around random dotted posters, which made me give Lily a confused look as she was with me.

                “Talent show,” she muttered with a deep sigh, “every year the students go mad for it.”

                “A talent show?” I questioned with raised eyebrows, “what’s the prize?”

                “A CD, a video for your single and then any succession after it,” she smirked, “the funny thing is, no one ever is good enough for the succession afterwards, so they always end up calling the CD off and giving them money to spend.”

                “Isn’t that a little bit pointless?” I questioned as we stopped off at my locker.

                “Yeah, I know,” she nodded, “but, most people are crap. One or two are pretty good, but they never get far enough to win because of silly reasons like… stage fright. On the upside, all the girls get to scream at Damon as he sings his heart away on stage.”

                “Damon sings?” I gasped, “for everyone?”