Chapter Five

Remember to vote if you love or like it, even when you decide to add it to your library it is so SIMPLE please VOTEEEE :)

Oh, btw, did you KNOW that.... IF YOU FAN ME YOU GET AN AUTOMATIC EMAIL THAT TELLS YOU THERE IS A NEW CHAPTER TO ANY OF MY STORIES.

SO, if you like 'Don't Cry Wolf' that much and want a reminder of a new chapter, please FAN ME and if you fan me VOTE TOO!!

-Sweetestheart-

P.S. I LOVE YOU GUYS!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Five

                “My father wishes to speak to you in his office,” Kyle said, appearing at the room’s open door as I fixed my hair. It was the day after I had been told I wasn’t allowed to go to the party and they even said that they would stop me… I believe that too.

                “Okay,” I muttered, nodding a little before I followed Kyle out and towards his father’s office. I’d cried myself to sleep the night before, though it was more aimed into my pillow so I didn’t wake anyone. However, Mr Stone looked so tired this morning and I suspected it was me who made him like that, even if I didn’t question it.

                We arrived at Jerry’s office and Kyle knocked, waited for him to allow us to enter and then he opened the door. Jerry’s office was quite small holding a few shelving units full of books, a desk with a computer and then two chair and a few photos on the walls. Kyle left us and I sat down on the vacant chair.

                “How are you?” he questioned, turning away from his typing at the computer.

                “Okay,” I told him, though it didn’t sound convincing. I watched as he studied my face before turning back to his computer, typing a little bit.

                “I don’t know how you feel about having your parents’ funeral next week on Wednesday,” he began, still looking at the screen on his computer, “we would happily bury them here in the graveyard just on the other side of town, they can always be cremated.”

                I felt myself welling up and gulped the tears down. Seeing my parents buried in the ground was the scariest thing ever, but I didn’t exactly want to see their bodies get shrivelled to ash either. I really didn’t know at all, that probably showed on my face when Jerry looked at me, obviously waiting for me to answer.

                “You-”

                “-Cremated,” I decided in a split second decision, “I want to go to the Grand Canyon to set their ashes free, that was their favourite place and they always promised to take me. I think it would make them happy… uh… if they were still alive.”

                He studied me for a moment before nodding and cracking a small smile. “You’re very brave, do you know that, Elizabeth? They would have been very proud of you, you should know that.” He placed a hand on my shoulder. “Always know that, okay?” I nodded. He held up a piece of paper in front of me. “This is a form I thought I’d show you, I don’t know about you but I don’t exactly want you to be locked up in a children’s home until you’re legally allowed to leave. So, we can become your official guardians… if you wish, just guardians, not your parents. You’ll live here and do what you want, obviously we have some rules, but we tend to keep that minimal.”