Chapter Sixteen: Deniable Truth

As promised, this is in Damon's P.O.V as is the next chapter and maybe the one after that ;)

Anyways, this is pretty short, but the next one is a little longer. Hope you enjoy.

Remember, VOTE if you 'add the story to your library' and VOTE if you fan me because of this story. I also appreciate comments because it all adds up.

Also, remember that if you 'fan me' you get a little email into your inbox saying that I have uploaded another part of my story and also news about my OTHER stories too!!

Thanks,

-Sweetestheart-

Sixteen

Damon's P.O.V

                When I first woke up on the day Elizabeth had left, it was five am and I felt cold and heartbroken. The night before had made me want to grab Elizabeth and tell her to stop being so stupid before telling her that she never needed to leave. But, she had left without my inner self waking me to tell me she had gone. I hadn’t even bitten her, or mated her, which made me feel weary of rogues who would gladly steal and rape her.

                I growled at the thought.

                My parents were confused on the morning that I’d walked downstairs without Elizabeth behind me, a part of me wanted to tell them all that she was just upstairs getting ready, but my heartbroken look told them that there was definitely something wrong. The others just sat at the table like they had no clue in the world until I smashed a cupboard in hard with all the anger, making the silence fill the room.

                “Damon, honey, what’s going on?” mom asked. It took me a while to answer, but I was guessing they’d all caught on.

                “She’s gone,” I told them.

                Lily gasped in shock with a little scream. “Did they take her?”

                I shook my head and turned to my family. “She told me yesterday she was leaving.” I took a deep breath. “She said she has some things to do… I just don’t get it.”

                My mom looked ready to burst into tears and my dad had a stern look on his face with a little sadness flittering through his eyes. Kyle was silent, but looked upset and Lily had burst into tears as soon as I said she’d left.

                Tears were threatening my own eyes. My dad spoke, “we’ll send the pack out to find her, she’s not even old enough to live on her own yet survive.”

                I shook my head. “No.”

                “No?” Lily gasped through tears, “what do you mean ‘no’? We need to find her! It’s a damn good job you two of mated!”

                My eyes widened at that and then I looked a little guilty. Lily cried, “no! You bastard, you can’t have…” she cried into her hands.

                My parents didn’t wear disapproving looks in their eyes, but I knew my father was a little angry at the fact that I hadn’t mated her in order for her own protection. If rogues… the idea just drove me so angry.

                “You can’t go to work, son,” he spoke.

                My eyes met his. “Huh?”

                “You’re too angry…”

                I lowered my gaze and thought for a moment before I pushed myself up and walked towards the door. I looked over at my family and smiled sadly, “if I’m not back by tomorrow night, don’t wait up for me. I’ll keep in contact, but she’s not going to leave me or this pack.”

                And, without letting anyone protest, I grabbed my keys, my bag from the bottom of the stairs and my jacket before I made my way down to the car and away from the town I lived in and knew as my home.

                I was going to find Elizabeth if it was the last thing I ever did.