Chapter Seventeen: The Truth of the Matter.

Remember to vote, comment and um... fan, maybe? :)

This is chapter seventeen and its still in Damon's P.O.V yay!

Seventeen: The Truth of the Matter.

                “Hello, sir, how may I help you?” a young woman, probably in her twenties, questioned as I stood in the lobby of a hotel that I’d decided to check in to.

                “Room for one, please,” I told her, feeling a cold chill from the fact I only asked it for one person.

                “Of course,” she smiled sweetly and put it through for me. I found myself standing in room 278 on the second floor of the hotel which accommodated a double bed rather than a single. I wondered whether God hated me… yeah, he genuinely had a thing about hating me. Though, having Elizabeth was obviously a plus side. I wondered where she was.

                The problem was that I didn’t know if I’d find her until she wanted to be found; my trail had lead her to Salt Lake City after driving for a couple of days, but I had no clue whether she was there or whether she’d passed straight through. Her scent was pretty hard to pick up, but I had a faint trail of it. Unfortunately, she was definitely well ahead of myself and therefore I wouldn’t be able to instantly catch up with her.

                She’d said it herself that I could follow her, but I wouldn’t find her until she wanted to be found. It was simple and she knew I would follow her… if only I could find her. Why was she so good at hiding? Women like her shouldn’t be allowed on the streets… in fact, she should be with me in the hotel and I would mate her… well, maybe not. But, we’ll get really close to each other and then she’d kiss me and tell me what was going on with her.

                But, it never happens like that. I doubt she even understood the concept of a mate.

                I’d contacted my parents and assured them that everything was alright whilst I used my work holidays up to search for her. God, she was so frustrating… if I’d only used my alpha… no, I couldn’t even do that to her. She’d just look scared and I hated to see that look on her face. Elizabeth didn’t deserve that and sometimes I reckoned she didn’t deserve me, that there was a better man out there for her. And, what if she was going to see a man? And, they fell in love?

                I had to remember she was my mate and mates can’t love no other, no matter what. It was unheard of! Well, at least until now… if she had left me for him. I’d thought of every possible conclusion to why she had left, but couldn’t crack down on the real reason because it seemed so hard to guess. She was perfectly happy, well, apart from her parents’ death. It couldn’t even be linked to their death either because we’d talked about everything and she promised that she’d stay with me.

                But, what if she wanted to pursue her career? I’d never really thought about it, but she always wanted to be on the West End and a stupid school talent show wasn’t going to make her get to where she wanted. She wouldn’t give up on her dream just to be the alpha female and my lover and stay in a small town. I know she wouldn’t leave because of that, she was too upset and she wouldn’t cry over something like leaving because she wanted to be in the West End.