Chapter Fourteen: Damon's Ex Girlfriend

I felt too independent without my parents alive with me; I really wanted them to be there when my kids, if I had any, were growing up and I wanted, most of all, for them to be there throughout more of my years. But, life comes to end and so did theirs. I found myself crying in the girls bathroom sometime the next week because I was thinking about them, but I kept a positive face throughout the day of walking around.

                I knew Damon was growing concerned for my well being, especially since he was always questioning me about it. I was okay, I just missed them. I guess it had finally hit me that they were going as it hadn’t really done for the past few weeks. It all happened when I needed a shirt ironing and I had to use the iron… how inconvenient, huh? Well, since I never wanted to be a house wife and always wanted a maid (in my dreams) I imagined my life without ironing, but I had to use one!

                Damon was out of town with his friends for a guys night out and his parents were out for dinner, which left me with Lily and Kyle, who were useless at ironing advice. Then, I had thoughts of the time when my mom decided showing me how to use an iron would be useful, though I thought it was a load of rubbish because I seriously couldn’t do it without making an extra crease.

                So, since then, I’d been thinking about my parents and my life with them and what the bad things were about them. I guess it’s made me a little more depressed like that fact that I’ve lost quite a bit of weight from not eating and I haven’t exactly slept too well even with Damon there.

                “Lizzie, you’re zoning out again…” I looked up at Lily who was waving her hands in front of her face, but stopped when I gave her a small smile.

                “Sorry,” I apologized. We were at lunch, but it was just the two of us as the rest of the group had gone to speak to Damon about something. I was kind of annoyed that I wasn’t involved, but I guess I wasn’t exactly a part of the pack, was I?

                “So, anyway…” and, so her story went on about something she was telling me that I wasn’t listening to at all. I knew she’d noticed this, but she hadn’t seemed to say anything. “And, that’s that! Anyway, we should totally throw a party this weekend, what do you think?”

                I nodded. “Sure.”

                “And, the guys said that Jack might be able to come too,” she smiled sweetly, “I mean, like you said, they can’t keep me away from him all the time. He is my mate after all.”

                I smiled. “Very true.”

                “Speak of the devil and devil shall come,” she spoke before three extra bodies sat down at our table. Jack sat right next to Lily whilst I had two of his mates, Zac and Benny, on either side of me.

                “What’s going down?” Zac questioned.

                “Yeah, we heard there’s a pack meeting and you’re not invited,” Benny continued.

                “It’s not that we weren’t invited, actually,” Lily rolled her eyes, “it’s because we decided we want to each lunch instead.”

                “It seems like you’re the only one eating though,” Benny cut in.

                “You’ve lost some weight, Nighy,” Zac interjected and I raised my eyebrows at him before shrugging and taking a swig of my bottle of water.