Chapter Eighteen: In Your Arms

Eighteen

Seven months later...

                The school year was over; the exams were sat and prom for seniors was at the end of the next week. It had been the most stressful year of my life, but I’d managed to get on with everything as she had told me. I had become alpha, but because my father had passed it down to me rather than because I forced him to. The pack was stronger than ever after an attack we had in February, but that was because we had two packs joined together, which was ours and Jack’s pack. We were at our strongest, yet I was also at my weakest.

                We had two alpha’s, myself and Jack’s father, Richmond, plus my father who stood above us both as High Alpha of the packs decided by a vote between both packs. It was a fair system and I was happy to see us all getting along. I guess I was a little stressy though; I know the pack hated my bad attitude when I didn’t feel in the mood to speak to anyone, but Elizabeth hadn’t returned at all.

                I missed her.

                “Alpha,” a knock from my office door had me move my head in the direction of it. The door opened and a young girl walked in, “hi, erm… your mom wanted to ask whether you’re coming around for dinner.”

                I nodded. “I’ll be there soon.”

                She smiled shyly before she left the room. I knew I should’ve got to know her name, but I hadn’t had much care for anything for a long time. I knew she wasn’t dead, but I still felt heartbroken that she could be somewhere locked up and tortured and I hadn’t been able to go and find her. Yeah, I sometimes went out for a drive all night, but I ended up turning back around because I knew she wouldn’t want to be found. Elizabeth was like that. Stubborn.

                That’s why I loved her.

                I didn’t go down for dinner, it was pretty rare that I ever went down for dinner and I ended up locking myself up in my office or bedroom whilst I looked at emails and perused the internet for any sign of Elizabeth. I almost found a trace once, but as quick as it was there, the quicker it had gone. She knew how to cover her tracks, she was good like that. That was something she’d taken after from her family.

                I sighed and lay my head on my desk, closing my eyes as I did. I dreamt of Elizabeth again with me holding her in my arms, but something so cliché would never be so real. She was gone and she wasn’t going to come back for a long time. Instinct told me to just get on with my life, but my wolf told me that she was my mate and that I had to respect her.

                Though, she really needed to respect me. I was alpha and she was running… I woke up feeling angry and finding myself in an uncomfortable position lay half on the desk, half on my chair. I don’t know what woke me exactly, it was either the sound of an email or the fact that I could smell something familiar yet so oddly not familiar. I ignored the doorbell when it rang and began to type my emails out to those who had emailed me, then I decided to go downstairs and get a drink.

                It felt like I hadn’t left the office for days.

                Maybe I hadn’t.

                The sounds of voices coming from the kitchen made me frown and stop in my path, my ears straining to focus on their conversation, but I couldn’t. I felt too weak and heartless to do anything about it. I heard the sound of crying, but happy crying before I rolled my eyes and made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen. All eyes turned to me and I couldn’t believe my eyes, in fact, I would’ve fainted, but I didn’t.

                I wasn’t that weak.

                Elizabeth stood staring at me and I wondered whether I was still in my messed up dream, but I couldn’t be, right? It was all so real. Her flawless perfection, beautiful radiant skin and tired eyes were stood next to Lily and were staring right into my own.

                “Hey, Dee,” she spoke, a little nervous.

                I couldn’t speak; so, instead of looking like a lunatic, I left the house as quick as possible knowing that I had to take a few breathers and wake up properly before I could accept the fact that she was actually in my kitchen at my own house. About an hour or so later, I returned to the house with my father telling me that she was upstairs in the bedroom unpacking.

                I ran all the way to my room, but it seemed she wasn’t there, so I went to one of the spare rooms to find her pulling her top off. My eyes widened and the beauty of the sight, whilst she froze after seeing my reflection in the mirror.

                “D-Dee…” she stuttered

                “You’re really here,” I whispered, still a little shocked. I walked over to her and turned her around before I hugged her tight, “oh my God, I have missed you so much, you have no idea.”

                She hugged me tightly back and when we both looked at each other, I could tell how tired she actually was. And, it wasn’t the effects of a few days sleep, but weeks like my own.

                “I’ve missed you, Dee,” she muttered and a tear fell down her cheek. I swiped it away and smiled before I kissed her and kissed her, reliving the moments I had so long forgotten about. Then, I held her at arms length.

                “Don’t do that to me again,” I whispered to her.

                “I’m sorry,” she murmured, “guess I’m an idiot, huh?”

                He shook his head. “An idiot, no. But, you should have asked for my help. I was so scared someone would kill you.”

                “Oh thanks,” she spoke sarcastically with humour in her voice, “love you too.”

                I slowly grinned before hugging her tightly again. “You’ll really stay?”

                “Yeah,” she nodded into my chest, “I have so much to tell you, but it’ll have to wait until tomorrow.”

                I nodded to her. Tomorrow could wait; I had Elizabeth back.

 A/N: Okay, so if you're confused!! This is meant to be like into the future and then you will learn about her adventure in the next chapter. However, since the next chapter will be a scene of a sexual nature, I'll be doing an R rated version on a different post ;)

VOTE; COMMENT; FAN. (Simples!)