Chapter Twenty-Five: When Carl turns up at your house...

                “… And, that’s how I got here,” I finished, looking at the group as they stared at me in shock and awe. I looked over to see Damon looking slightly furious, but then his eyes softened when he looked me straight in my own and gave me a small smile. Looking around once again, I decided to make it a little less awkward by saying, “and, I’ve missed the food here.”

                And, they laughed and I was glad I’d distracted them from the awkwardness. Okay, I guess it wasn’t exactly ‘awkward’, but it was kind of embarrassing that I’d just confessed that I was a royal wolf.

                “Why didn’t you escape earlier?” Lily then asked after a few moments of more silence.

                I looked over at her. “Well, I… I don’t know.” I shrugged. “I guess I… I guess I didn’t want to seem desperate to leave, but it was going to be a long time until I got out of the dungeon and I couldn’t hack it much longer. Plus, I needed a bath and proper food.”

                She smiled at that and nodded. And, a couple of hours later, we were eating dinner like a normal family. When Damon broke the news to me that he was alpha, I was over the moon and kissed him a couple of times to tease him before I just ran off. Obviously, running away from him meant running away from his wolf and he came running after me causing me to laugh loudly whilst squealing. His words “you can’t escape from me” were spoken into my ear causing me to blush red and I understood the double meaning of it. I also wondered whether the werewolf kingdom thought the same thing that I can’t escape from them.

                That night, I crawled into the cold bed in Damon’s room and snuggled into the quilt before I was pulled into a warm body. He nuzzled his forehead into my hair, making me let out an unexpected squeal and it made him chuckle a little.

                “I love you, baby,” he whispered, moving his head so that he spoke into lowly into my ear.

                I snuggled into him more and he tightened his arms around me. “I love you too.”

                He kissed my cheek softly before his head lay down on the pillow behind me own. And, we slept throughout the whole night. When I woke up, it wasn’t because I’d woken up on my own accord, no, it was because there was a loud crash downstairs and I’d basically just jolted awake. It hadn’t woken Damon straight away, but he came around as I climbed out of bed.

                “Babe,” he groaned, “where are you going?”

                “Something’s going on,” I whispered. Another crash and he finally jolted properly awake before he stared at the door. Then, he grabbed my arm and pulled me onto the bed before he got up himself. “Babe, don’t go.”

                “Stay here,” he commanded softly before he pulled on a pair of tracksuit bottoms and left the room. I heard running from somewhere else and then there was a lot of shouting and it didn’t stop. It was still dark outside which indicated that it was obviously sometime in the middle of the night. I started getting annoyed with the shouting downstairs, so I got up and left the room, even though I knew I should’ve stayed in the bedroom.