Chapter Three

Remember to vote :)

Three

                Monday came around way too quickly and I found myself walking into Mr Stone’s classroom earlier than everybody else. He was there; sat at his desk, marking work and, most of all, ignoring my presence, though I saw his eyes roll in my direction before they looked back down on the work he was marking. I had pondered all through Sunday about what I would say to him and I came to the conclusion that I should apologize for my behaviour. I stood in front of him, of his desk and took a deep breath before letting it go.                       

                “Mr S, I want to apologize for my behaviour on Saturday,” I started, trying to look anywhere but him even though I knew he wasn’t looking up at me, “I got really stressed and it’s really no excuse but I don’t want to fail this class because of an argument we both had.”       

                “You won’t fail the class,” he told me and then our eyes met. “I accept your apology, but it should be me who is apologizing for what I said since it isn’t my decision what you do. I just hope you choose wisely.”

                I nodded. “Thanks… I guess. So, I’ll erm… just go to my locker and see you in erm…” I looked at the clock on the wall. “Ten minutes.”

                I quickly exited the classroom and walked really fast to my locker, dodging the eyes of Jack, who had decided to notice me as I went by.

                “You’re not ignoring me, are you?” I turned to see him there. Damn. No, Jack, I am not ignoring you.

                “No, Jack, I am not ignoring you,” I said out loud after thinking of it. I smiled, “I had fun the other day, I don’t know what went on with those guys.”

                “They’re just throwing a hissy fit,” he chuckled and I laughed, turning back to my locker to stuff a few things in, “y’know, I’m having a party this Saturday, want to come? It’s at Moonsgrove.”

                I smiled and then remembered what both Mr Stone and Kyle had said to me. Maybe I should just go? I mean, whatever their problem is, it couldn’t be THAT bad, could it? Surely not… should I ask them? Maybe I should just go.

                “Sure,” I nodded, “I suppose it would be fun.”

                “Cool, I’ll pick you up?”

                I nodded, took a pen out of my locker and then grabbed his hand as I neatly wrote my address on it. “Don’t let your mates get that, I don’t need guys coming knocking on my door.”

                “The only one coming knocking on your door will be me,” he winked, “see you later, Liz.”

                And, with that, he turned and walked back in the direction he had come in. I checked my watch before quickly grabbing my things and jogging down the corridor to the class. Kyle was in the class when I walked in, which I was happy about and I took my seat next to him. My eyes instantly landed on Mr Stone to see him looking back at me, like we were in some kind of trance. The bell went after what seemed forever- but was only a few seconds- and snapped us both out of it.

                “So, good weekend?” Kyle questioned and I looked at him.

                “It was um… different,” I said, not bothering to elaborate. He didn’t press on with it and the lesson began. Macbeth again… it actually went pretty quickly, especially because I was checking out Mr Stone for the majority of the lesson and he kept smirking at me every time he noticed- which was a lot. I hadn’t really taken notice of him, but after Saturday, I couldn’t stop thinking about him and it made me feel like a stalker without actually going to see him.