Chapter Twenty-Three: The Queen

REMEMBER! If you haven't read chapter twenty-two due to Wattpad being down for a while, then read it before this because you kind of need to read it. Remember, to voteeeeeeee too :]

                                                           {Twenty-Three}

                                                               The Queen

                Another few weeks passed from the meeting with the king and nothing had really happened, unless you count the random things that Carl and me had done, which included random paint fights whilst decorating a random room for someone, water fights in the garden, watching random Italian movies that I couldn’t understand, but we spoke over them with our own script we’d create in our heads. And, a bunch of random other stuff. He was genuinely my best friend and he would pretty much make Damon jealous if he knew that I was hanging out with him all that time without him being there with us. The weird thing was that though I missed Damon, it felt like I was so used to being without him that I could actually live like there.

And, surely that wasn’t natural, right?  

It was the day of the night that I would be attending the king’s ball and I was kind of nervous since I wasn’t exactly fit for a ball and I would be going with Carl as my date. He didn’t ask me though, I was told to bring a date and so I picked Carl because he was the only one I was really close enough to. Carl was over the moon when I asked him and he told me that it would be his pleasure to accompany me to the ball, with a small bow too.

The dress I had was a beautiful red dress that fit my body perfectly and flowed down to the floor, just covering my heels. I spent the majority of the day figuring out how to do my hair whilst watching another Italian film with an amazing tub of beautiful Italian ice cream which Carl had bought me to calm my nerves. Not that I knew why I was so nervous and I definitely didn’t know why Carl thought buying me ice cream would calm them, but it did!

                “Ti amo, Rodrigo,” I mimicked as I ate a mouthful of ice cream before I set out a bunch of jewellery in front of me, “what to pick…”

                It took me about ten minutes to pick out a silver pendant that I thought was really beautiful along with some silver earrings that had a little red stone in the middle of them. Then, I popped the others back into the box and stared at myself before deciding to get ready. Everything that I was wearing was given to me especially by the queen, but delivered to me by one of her couriers with a note saying I should wear it to the ball.

                I took a long bath and became a little too relaxed so I had to work myself out of the relaxed stage by splashing cold water all over my face. Then, I dried my hair and styled it into an up-do before popping some natural make-up on, then the dress and the jewellery and lastly I popped the high heels on just in time to hear a knock on the door. I switched the TV off and walked over to and opened it up to reveal Carl standing beautifully in a black and white suit.

                He grinned. “Someone looks lovely tonight.”