Chapter Twenty-Seven: Finale

ZOMG!

Twenty-Seven: Finale

                “The king is waiting to see you, your highness,” a maid bowed to me as I stepped out of the room to go for a walk. Damon was still asleep and I didn’t want to wake him, so I took the opportunity to leave. I smiled at her, not forgetting to note the way she had called me ‘your highness’.

                “Thanks,” I nodded and made my way towards the kings’ where I knew he’d probably be. I didn’t know why I always called him ‘the king’, I guess it just fit better than me calling him ‘father’ or something. As I got closer, I heard shouting and crying before I noticed it was coming from the room. I couldn’t hear a word they were saying, not even with my heightened senses, so I didn’t bother to eavesdrop. I knocked on the door and it went quiet as I opened the door and walked in.

                The queen was sat there, looking at me with teary eyes, whilst the king was across from her on the other seat. He smiled, “Lizzie.”

                The queen stood up and looked at me before she made her way over to me. My whole body tensed because I was sure she was about to slap me or something, but, instead, she pulled me into a big hug and cried on my shoulder. “Oh, my poor girl, my baby girl. I’ve missed you so much, I’m sorry I was so tough and locked you away.” She held me at arm’s length and studied my face. “Gosh, you’re so beautiful.”

                Then, she cried some more and about twenty minutes later, we were sat on the couches at the side of the office next to the fire place. The queen still had a bit of a sniffle, but she wasn’t crying as much. The king was sat next to her, rubbing her back gently.

                “So,” she started, “I suppose we should start over.”

                I nodded. “Sure.”

                “Well, I’m sure you won’t want to acknowledge me as your mother,” she spoke and rubbed her eye a little, to get rid of the tears that were there. “You may call me Morgia and your father, you may call him Lutha. What would you like to know?”

                “A girl I met,” I started after a long pause, “she said I uh… I have brothers.”

                Morgia’s face lit up. “Yes, two to be exact. Julian is currently volunteering in Africa, that’s why you haven’t seen him, and Trathapean is currently is in Scandanavia with your aunt, and has been for the past two years. You’ll like them, they’re very down-to-earth. But, we’re not sure whether we should tell them of your arrival yet, because I don’t want Julian to come home too soon since he’s on this mission to ‘find himself’.”

                I smiled a little. “Of course. Um… what’s it like to rule a uh… whole kingdom?”

                I felt like I was under pressure.

                “Well,” Lutha spoke, “it’s difficult and you have lots of things to do. Damon will most likely take over the court, or he will pass that job onto one of your brothers, who I’m sure would be happy to do that. You have responsibility of caring for the kingdom and the court will come to you with decisions of laws they want to put into place, and you say if you want them or not. Sometimes, you have to sit in a court yourself, but that’s very rare.”