SIXTEEN: LUMINA

[sixteen]

I awoke at the crack of dawn,ready to be presented to the elders. They wanted to personally prepare me for tonight's ceremony.

I didn't know what was in store but it could only be for my own good.

I sat on the bed awaiting their arrival alone, until the door cracked open to reveal Eva, Olivia and Jana.

They stepped lightly knowing the men still slept and sat on the bed with me. I crossed my legs to give them space. I noticed Olivia shutting the door and locking it.

She settled herself before addressing me,
"We just wanted to give you some insight on how the ceremony will feel for you. Jana and I have not experienced this but we are quite curious ourselves. So Eva shall explain."

I looked to Eva already smiling warmly at me.

"Where to start is a wonder?" She mused creasing her brow.

"The beginning." Jana muttered.

Eva gave her a sharp look.

She closed her eyes, then opened them again to stare right at my own.

"This is no small step you are taking my dear I admire your courage. You will be bound to Gideon  for the rest of your life. Are you willing?" She asked me.

"Yes." I was.

"The most fulfilling part of all of it will come after the ceremony.Not immediately after because you and Gideon need some time. Goddess knows Gideon has one frigid-"

Olivia coughs as Jana looks at me uneasily with a slight blush.Eva rolls her eyes before taking my hand.

"It was quite intense, as is any wolf at such an occasion under the moon, under the Goddess. I had never felt anything of the sort before and there are times I still do, feel it creeping in my bones, as if I were born with it. I swear it."

She paused. She leaned forward, for my ears only.

"I cannot tell you what may be in store for you nor Gideon but Goddess willing it shall be earth shattering." She whispered.

+

The Elders were serene and joyful. Their peaceful demeanor was refreshing. Having been met with open hostility in previous encounters with those in their position it was a welcome change.

They helped remove the robe I wore leaving me completely naked. I wrapped my arms around me. Thankfully my hair covered me some.

They didn't mind my shyness. It was a budding relationship that would blossom eventually but for now it would consist of gifts.

I was their gift of stability, leadership and certainty for their Beta, for their pack.

They were my foundation, my welcoming party to give me away as a willing participant to the circle of life. The birth of a new Beta bloodline.

They submerged me in a tub of steaming hot water tinged with the scent of lilac. A bath for a blessing. Their hands softly held my limbs down as all my hair floated before my face and my body was enveloped by the water.

They burned incense around me as I emerged from the bath,wringing my thick black hair with their able fingers.The mist clouding the mirror, I still had yet to look upon.

The mist shrouded us in a thick cloud. They circled me chanting prayers to the Goddess.

I closed my own eyes offering my own prayers also.