2-Checking Out The City

I walked down the streets of Death City with Drake and Drew following. After a bit of searching, we found a nice place to rent while in the city.

It was a simple house, a living room and kitchen on the main floor and upstairs were two bedrooms and a bathroom.

I looked around in each room before giving a satisfied nod.

"I suppose this will do."

I sat on the couch in the living room with the twins. Drew looked at me.

"So, are we going to attend the DWMA? Whatever you decide is fine, Luna."

Drake quickly sat himself up.

"Speak for yourself, I want to go! Come on, Lulu, you've done a good job of controlling yourself lately. It should be fine, right?"

I looked at the expressions on their faces. I could tell they were both eager to attend.

"I'm still not sure."

Drake smirked. "You know, the DWMA's job is to hunt down kishin and witches. This might be your best opportunity to find her."

My eyes widened and a low growl erupted from my throat. As much as I hate to admit it, Drake's got a point.

I coughed to stop myself from growling. "Alright then, I guess we could enroll."

Drake jumped up from the couch, cheering and fist pumping.

Drew placed a hand on my shoulder and I turned to meet his gaze.

"You sure, Luna?"

I nodded and loudly said, "BUT!"

Drake stopped and looked at me questionably.

"But, we're not going to tell Lord Death just yet. First, we need to make sure we can afford to stay. Second, I want to check out the city after dark and see what this place has to offer."

Drake nodded. "Fair enough."

"Okay, tonight, we're checking out the city."

After that being said, I headed up to my room. The twins get to share the other bedroom while I get one all to myself.

I started organizing my room the way I like. I prefer to keep my things clean and organized. Drew can keep things pretty tidy, but Drake on the other hand is a whole different story.

Feeling my stomach growl, I headed downstairs to see Drake on the couch. When he saw me, he grinned.

"Hey, Lulu. I just ordered a pizza, I'm getting pretty hungry."

"Me too. Where's Drew?"

"Upstairs tidying our room."

Without saying another word, I turned on the TV. Drew soon came down and joined us.

After a little more waiting, the pizza arrived. We talked as we ate and watched TV.

"If we're going to be staying here in Death City, we need to find a way to make some money."

The twins both looked at me and nodded in agreement. After eating and watching a few shows, I noticed it was after 8 and completely dark outside.

I got up from my seat on the couch, turned off the TV, and held my hands out. The twins both got up and changed form, slipping onto my hands.

I quietly left the house, locking the door before going down an empty alley. I climbed up the jagged bricks with ease using my claws.

Now standing on a roof, I scanned the streets below for any signs of people. Not seeing a single soul, I ran and jumped to another roof.