8-New Power, New Home

I headed toward the DWMA with the twins on my sides. With the weekend behind us, I was once again ready for classes.

As I walked, my mind kept going back to what Kid was telling me. He says we're friends. He says I can trust him. He says I can tell him anything.

I rub my arms at the uncomfortable memory. He's very persistent, I'll give him that. But there's no way I can tell him, I can't tell anyone.

Arriving at the DWMA, I go inside and head toward class. Before I can get there though, a blonde boy stands in my path.

"Hey there! You're Luna, right? My name's Hiro. I've heard about you, but I must say, you're way cuter in person."

I stared blankly at the blonde. "Uh huh."

"How would you like to hang out after classes?"

"Not interested."

I walked around him and to my class. Who was that guy anyway? Probably just some freak trying to hit on pretty girls.

I heard Drake snickering beside me. "Poor sap."

Entering the classroom, I sat in my usual spot beside Kid. Kid seemed very distracted, he didn't even notice me. I simply shrugged it off, it's none of my business anyway.

Kid's pov

I sat in class, lost in my thoughts. I couldn't stop thinking about what my father had told me the other day. I had asked my father about Luna, and what he told me only alarmed me.

Flashback

I stood in front of my father, about to ask him the question that's been on my mind.

"Father, please tell me what you know about Luna. Why is she the way that she is?"

"Ahh, so you want to know why she tries to push everyone away. I'm guessing you've already seen the fear in her soul then."

"I have. Her weapons told me she was afraid of people. But why?"

"I admit, I don't know that much about her myself, such a mysterious girl. But I can tell you that she doesn't trust anyone because of her past."

"What about her weapons? She seems to trust them."

"Indeed. They've probably been with her for a long time. Probably the only ones she knows she can trust."

"And what about her fear of people? Do you know what she's hiding? She's not some kind of witch or monster, is she?"

My father calmly shook his head. "I can assure you, she's human. And the thing she wants to keep from everyone is the fact that..."

"Yes, father?"

He sighed. "I don't know if I should be telling you this."

"Please, father. I need to know."

"You honestly want to help her, don't you?"

I nodded. "I do. No matter what, we're friends now, and whatever she's hiding won't change that."

"Kid, Luna's cursed."

End of flashback

I just don't understand. Cursed? How is she cursed? And what is her curse, for that matter?

I just now realized that Luna was sitting beside me, like usual. I wish I knew, I wish she'd tell me.

Well for now, I'll just have to trust her. Perhaps I can find out more in time.

Luna's pov

Stein was at the front of the class, talking about soul wavelengths and things like that. As I took notes on my paper, I suddenly had Drake nudge me.