28-Forgiveness

Kid's pov

After Luna ran out of the house, I angrily stood up, glaring at Clyde. He also stood and looked at me, worry and slight fear in his expression as he watched me.

"Do you know what Luna was like when we first met her?"

He stared at me in slight confusion as I continued. "She was like a hollow shell of a person, no emotion whatsoever. She lived in constant fear, thinking everyone would turn on her if they knew about her curse."

Clyde's eyes grew wide as he listened. "She found herself all alone in a world where she believed no one could be trusted. I was the one who finally managed to bring a smile to her face. And all of that, was because of you. So I suggest you leave her alone before you hurt her again."

Everyone's eyes were on me as I quietly left to find Luna, leaving Clyde shocked at my words. I tracked Luna's soul to the wooded area outside the DWMA.

There she was, sitting at the ledge overlooking the city. I quietly sat beside her, watching her glance at me before returning her gaze to the city.

"What do you think I should do, Kid? Part of me wants to forgive Clyde, but part of me thinks he doesn't deserve it."

"Well, you could at least hear what he has to say. Don't you think he deserves that much?"

She nodded slightly. "I suppose. Could you forgive him?"

I thought back to Clyde kissing Luna in the hall. My hand clenched into a fist at the thought. I felt Luna grab my hand in both of hers, easing my nerves as she smiled at me.

I sighed. "I guess I could put things behind us. But Luna, he has feelings for you."

"I know. But I don't like him like that, I never have. I love you, Kid. No one could take your place."

I returned her smile and pecked her lips. "Alright then. That's all I needed to hear. I can get along with Clyde, for you. But if he does anything to hurt you again, I'll be the one to make him pay for it."

We both stood up and began walking back to Maka's, hand in hand. Making it back, everyone seemed to be just sitting around quietly, as if waiting for us to come back.

Luna's pov

I approached Clyde, standing over him as he sat on the couch. "Clyde, I want to talk to you. Can we go somewhere quiet?"

He stood and nodded with a small smile. "Of course. Why don't we head over to your place?"

"Okay, but Kid's coming too."

He smiled. "That's fine."

We looked back to the others and Kid simply told them, "You guys can continue having fun. We'll be back soon."

The three of us headed out, soon arriving at Gallows Mansion. Clyde looked all around as we stood in the living room.

He smiled at Kid. "Wow, this is quite the place you have here. I can't believe you all live here together."

Kid smiled slightly. "Thank you, and every inch of this place is perfectly symmetrical."

I stood in front of Clyde. "I'm listening now, so start explaining."

Clyde's pov

I inwardly sighed, meeting her gaze. "Luna, I'm sorry for everything I've caused. I wasn't there for you like I should've been. I never believed you to be a monster."

Her expression softened. "Letting you go the way I did was the worst mistake of my life. I missed you so much after you left, and I've always loved you."