18-A Day Of Shopping

"You killed her. You killed her! Now I'm going to make you pay!"

I jumped out of bed, looking around the dark room. I sighed, realizing it was just a dream. But it felt so real.

"Maple?"

The name came out as a quiet whisper as I thought about it. I wonder how she feels about losing her big sister.

I shook my head. It doesn't matter. Oakley brought all of that on herself. She's the one who started it all. And she paid the ultimate price for it.

I got out of bed and headed downstairs. I need some fresh air. Heading outside, I changed into wolf form and began walking down the street.

Kid's pov

I had just gotten a drink of water in the kitchen. As I was about to head back up to my room, I hid upon seeing Luna come downstairs.

She went out the front door. What could she be doing? I watched her out the window as she changed into her wolf form and began walking down the street. Maybe I should follow her.

Luna's pov

I slowly made my way down the street, looking and listening as I went. That's when I heard it.

"What's the matter, Luna? Feeling a bit down? Hahaha!"

I looked around, growling as I tried to find the source of the voice.

"Maple. What do you want?"

I heard her laughter. "What a question. Isn't it obvious? I want to avenge my sister, of course."

"Hmph, she brought it on herself."

"Did she now? Well what if I told you that she only did what she had to to ensure your safety."

"What? What are you talking about?! Tell me!"

"Only way to find out is to catch me!"

I ran after the maniacal laughter. I followed it down streets until I arrived at the small woods outside the DWMA.

The laughter stopped as I entered. I sniffed around as I went, trying to find the owl witch. I finally stopped in front of a tree, looking up and growling at the familiar gray owl in the tree.

"Now tell me, Maple. What do you mean?"

She grinned. "I guess Oakley never got a chance to tell you."

"Tell me what?"

She tilted her head as she gazed down at me. "Have you ever wondered why she placed that curse on you? Why she wanted you to join her?"

I awaited her answer before she suddenly said, "Looks like we have company. We'll finish this little chat another time."

She quickly flew away as I heard footsteps. I turned with a snarl until I realized it was just Kid.

"Kid? Why are you...?"

"Was that a witch you were talking to?"

I nodded. "That was Oakley's sister, Maple, the owl witch."

"What did she mean? Why Oakley did what she did."

"I don't know. She wants revenge on me for killing her sister, but she also knows something about my past."

It was quiet for a moment, until Kid asked, "Why are you in wolf form anyway?"

"Oh, I just like being in this form sometimes."

I quickly changed back to normal, standing upright. I went straight over to Kid as he smiled at me.

"Come on, let's get back to bed."