24-Arctic Mission Part 1

I laid on my stomach on the snowy cliff, watching the scene before me. My eyes were wide at the amount of monstrosities that were gathered here.

I growled to myself. "With this many monsters, this mission has become a real pain."

I heard Drake's voice from within my gauntlet. "Are you going to be able to handle this, Lulu?"

I shook my head. "No, we're going to need backup."

"Let's head back to camp and contact Lord Death."

I nodded at Drew's statement before crawling away from the cliff and returning to my camp.

Kid's pov

I rushed to the Death Room with Liz and Patty. My father summoned us about an urgent matter. When I arrived, I noticed Maka, Soul, Blackstar, Tsubaki, and Crona had also been called here.

My father stood in front of us. "I'm glad you're all here. I've just received a call from Luna concerning her mission in the arctic."

I blurted out, "Is she okay?"

My father nodded. "She's fine, for now, at least. Apparently, the necromancer I sent her to kill has created so many monsters that she is unable to even get close to where he resides. She needs all of you there immediately to help clear out the infestation of monsters."

Maka nodded. "You can count on us, Lord Death. We'll head there right away."

We all packed up and took a fast plane to the arctic. It was the fastest way to get there, but it would still take us a couple of days.

Crona quietly spoke. "I hope Luna's alright."

Blackstar laughed and smiled proudly. "Don't you worry, Luna's strong, almost as strong as me!"

Tsubaki nodded. "Luna can take care of herself. She's probably just waiting around for us to get there."

I stayed quiet and gave a small nod. Maka patted my shoulder. "I know you worry about her, but you have to believe in her abilities."

Soul grinned. "Yeah, dude. Just chill out. We'll be there soon enough."

I gave a small smile. "You're right. Luna is quite capable of handling things on her own."

After flying for almost two days straight, we dressed in our warmest clothes as we landed in the frozen arctic. Going outside, all I could see was white everywhere I looked.

Our partners took weapon form as we headed out in search of Luna. Surely she can't be far.

Luna's pov

I was very thankful to Lord Death for teaching me so much magic. I summoned my shadow wolf along with a whole pack just like it.

I used ice magic to encase their black bodies in snow and ice, allowing them to blend in. I sent them out to survey while I headed out myself.

I kept all my senses sharp as I caught sight of some of the familiar white, bear-like monsters in the distance. I crouched down in a trench of snow, watching them.

I recognized the bear with the scar over its eye. That's the same one that got away from me day's ago.

"Luna!"

I flinched at the sudden noise and quickly snapped my head around. I was happy to see Kid and the rest of the gang, but now was a bad time.

I put a finger to my lips and gestured them over. "Shhhh, get down."

They all quickly got down in the trench with me, following my gaze to the large creatures. As the monsters began leaving, I gestured for the others to follow as I slowly left the trench and headed back to my camp.