19-Halloween

I know it's not really Halloween, but I already had this idea in my head. Anyway, I hope you're enjoying this story and I promise the next chapter will be more eventful.
****************************

A few weeks go by and I still haven't gotten any answers from Maple. I'm pretty used to waiting by now, but I'd still like to know what she meant.

I shouldn't be thinking about that right now though, this weekend is Halloween! The whole gang was invited to a costume party on Saturday, of course we all agreed to go.

It was currently Friday and classes had just ended for the day. Everyone decided to split up and look for their costumes.

I went to the mall with Drake and Drew. We looked through quite a few stores, but I finally found my perfect costume. I quickly bought it and kept it away from the twins.

Everyone wanted their costumes to be a surprise, and I was no different. The twins finally picked out some costumes and we all left for Gallows Mansion.

I hadn't realized how long that took, the sun was already setting. We went home and quickly put our costumes away before meeting back up in the kitchen.

Since Kid, Liz, and Patty still weren't back yet, I decided to fix dinner myself this time. Once I finished, Kid and the girls got home and joined us.

After dinner, I headed upstairs to the bathroom, taking a quick shower and slipping into a silky, black nightgown. I hadn't told the twins, or even Kid, but I recently started wearing nightgowns.

I tried wearing one once and found it to be quite comfy. I just didn't tell the others because I knew they'd try to get a peek. I stayed in my room, reading books and listening to music.

Kid's pov

After eating dinner, Luna headed upstairs along with the others. I decided that this would be the perfect time to go.

I hadn't told Luna, but I had planned to watch a movie with her tonight. Since it was the eve of Halloween and we have a party tomorrow night, I figured I'd get a scary movie for us to watch.

I headed over to the movie rental store. Going inside, I went straight to the horror section of movies. I was surprised by who I saw there.

"Soul?"

He turned and looked at me. "Hey, Kid. What are you doing here?"

"I was just looking for a movie for Luna and me to watch tonight."

He grinned. "Ah, celebrating Halloween are we? I suggest you get a really scary movie."

"Why?"

He snorted. "Why? Because you want her to be scared, don't you? It's a great excuse to cuddle."

I blinked a few times. I actually hadn't thought about that. I shook my head.

"But I don't think a trick like that would work on Luna. She's very brave."

Soul's grin grew wider. "Doesn't matter how brave she is, girls often get freaked out over a good horror movie."

"Hmm, then what would you recommend?"

He looked through the shelves of movies before picking one out and placing it in my hand. I looked over the cover and read the title.

"The Grudge? Intersting. Is it any good?"

Soul nodded. "Yeah, dude. It's got a pretty good storyline, and it has quite a few jump scares and scary sequences that'll have Luna clinging to you for comfort all night."