20-Abandoned City

About a week passes by and Lord Death had summoned Kid and me to the Death Room. I was pretty sure it was for another mission, Kid and I often had missions together now.

We headed to the Death Room right away with our weapons. Entering the room, we were greeted by Lord Death, like usual.

"Hiya, Luna, Kiddo! Wazzup?! Nice to see you!"

"Hello, father. You have a mission for us?"

He quickly nodded. "I do. Luna, you've been searching for the owl witch lately, correct?"

"I have."

"Then this mission is perfect for you. There's a deserted city in the north that is said to be a meeting place for witches. I want you two to check it out."

I grinned. "Perfect, I finally got a lead on Maple."

Lord Death quickly held up a hand to get our attention. "But there's a catch. The reason I'm sending you two is because there is a protective field around the city that is harmful to humans. Kid being a reaper, and you, Luna, having your wolf form, you two should be unharmed by it. I can't say the same about your weapons though."

Kid questioned, "So our weapons can't enter the city?"

I then gestured to myself. "And animals can?"

Lord Death said, "I'll explain. Kid has the body and soul of a reaper. Luna, when you change into your wolf form, your body is that of an animal, and your soul changes slightly to match. Your weapon's souls, however, stay the same when they change into weapon form."

Kid slowly nodded. "Ah, I see. We can bring our weapons on the mission, but they can't enter the city."

I placed my hands on my hips. "No problem. We'll report our findings on the abandoned city."

I bowed my head and we all turned and began leaving. We could hear Lord Death calling out to us.

"Good luck, you two!"

We left and let our partners take their weapon forms so we could carry them. Kid summoned his skateboard and helped me on behind him.

I was careful not to scratch him as I wrapped my clawed hands around him to hold on. We took off north of Death City.

It took awhile, but not as long as I thought. We flew quickly across the sky, passing over forests and rivers until our destination was in sight.

I peeked around Kid to get a look at the place. A huge city abandoned by people. The sun was beginning to set as we landed outside the city.

Our weapons changed back to normal and stood around under the trees. Drake let out a sigh.

"I guess we'll be waiting out here then."

I nodded and smiled. "Don't worry, we'll be back before you know it."

Liz shuddered and rubbed her arms. "Please don't take too long, this place gives me the creeps."

Kid told her, "Sorry, Liz, but depending on what we find it may take longer than expected."

I winked at them. "But don't you worry, there's nothing we can't handle."

Drew nodded. "That's true."

I changed to my wolf form and looked up at Kid. "Well, let's get going."

He nodded and walked alongside me into the city. I could hear Patty yell, "Be careful!"

We looked around upon entering the city. I began sniffing around as we walked.