14-Just Admit It

A few days passed by after Kid and I returned to Death City. It was now Friday, the weekend is almost here.

Ever since my big personality change, other students here have been so nice to me. I was in the lunchroom getting my food and chatting with a few other people before going to sit with my friends.

As soon as I took my seat in front of Kid with the twins at my sides, Maka leaned around the table from her seat.

"Hey, Luna. Want to hang out with us girls tomorrow?"

I smiled and nodded. "Sure, sounds like fun."

Soul grinned. "Then I guess that means Drake and Drew will be hanging with us tomorrow."

Drake fist pumped. "Sweet! You up for it, bro?"

Drew nodded and smiled. "Yeah, that's fine with me."

Blackstar jumped out of his seat. "Great, we'll all meet at Kid's house tomorrow then!"

Kid gazed up at him questioningly. "Why is my house always the meeting place?"

Liz answered him, "Probably because everyone knows where it is and they know they'll have to wait on you anyway."

Tsubaki happily nodded. "Yep, that about sums it up."

We all laughed and talked until we finished our lunch. Soon enough, classes had ended. We said our goodbyes and began heading home.

That night, I snuck out and sat on the roof, gazing up at the stars and moon. I wasn't particularly tired or anything, I just felt like seeing the night sky.

Kid's pov

We all finished dinner, but Luna had never come down to eat. I looked at the twins.

"Hey guys, where's Luna?"

Drake shrugged his shoulders. "I think she said something about going up to the roof."

"Thanks."

I quietly made my way outside and up to the roof. Sure enough, there was Luna, sitting with her back to me. I walked over and sat beside her.

She looked at me in surprise and hugged her knees against her chest. "Kid, what are you doing up here?"

"I could ask you the same thing. You never came down to eat."

She looked straight out at the city. "I'm not really hungry. I just needed to think."

"About?"

She sighed. "About my curse. Do you think there's any way to get rid of it?"

"I don't know, but maybe killing the witch that cursed you will break it."

A small smile formed on her lips. "That's what I was thinking too."

"But even if you're stuck with the curse, it doesn't matter. You're still you."

She nodded. "I know. You're the one who taught me that in the first place. And thanks to you, I've formed friendships that will last a lifetime."

It grew quiet until an idea popped into my head. "Hey, want to go for a ride?"

She looked at me in confusion. "Huh?"

"On Beelzebub. It'll be like our last mission in the undersea ruins. But this time we won't be in a hurry."

She averted her gaze from me as I stood up. "I don't know, Kid."

I summoned Beelzebub and stood on it as it hovered over the roof. She stood up and looked at me as I held my hand out to her.

"Come on, Luna. It'll be fun. I'll show you a nice view of the city at night."