11-The New Luna

I lazily opened my eyes and sat up. Looking around, I realized I was back in my room.

"What? How'd I...?"

I then remembered the events of last night. Kid found me as a wolf and I told him about my past. Rubbing my eye, I noticed I had hands instead of paws.

I must've changed back in my sleep and Kid brought me back here. I sat there for a moment in surprise. Kid didn't leave me out there, and he didn't care what I looked like on the outside.

I got up and fixed myself up a bit before leaving through my now doorless doorway. Heading downstairs, I entered the kitchen to see the twins, Liz, and Patty at the table while Kid was at the stove, cooking.

Everyone at the table muttered a good morning to me as I went straight over next to Kid. He turned toward me with a smile.

"Good morning, Luna. How many pancakes would you like?"

Without answering, I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. I felt him stiffen at first before relaxing.

I quietly told him, "Thank you, Kid, for not abandoning me."

I could tell he was smiling when he replied. "Of course. I would never abandon you."

When I pulled away from him, I did something I hadn't done in a very long time. I gave him an honest, friendly smile.

"I feel so free now, like I can finally be myself. Thank you."

He returned my smile before returning to his cooking. Sitting down with the others, I realized they were all staring at me, wide eyed with mouths open.

"What?"

Drake was the only one to speak. "You just gave a hug...and a smile."

I smiled again. "Yeah, so?"

Drew said, "Luna, you've never been so...friendly."

Kid then interrupted, "Luna, you never gave me an answer. How many pancakes?"

"Um, just two will be fine."

"Two?! Two isn't symmetrical, it has to be eight!"

I giggled. "Kid, I can't eat eight pancakes."

He sighed. "Okay, at least two is an even number."

Drake then yelled, "Now you're giggling?! What happened to you, Lulu?!"

I explained what happened last night and I told Liz and Patty about my curse.

Patty jumped out of her seat with a gasp. "So you turn into a wolf?"

I gulped and nodded. She tackled me in a hug saying, "I bet you look so cuuute!"

Liz simply nodded and gave a small smile. "Well, that definitely explains your weird behavior."

Drake tilted his head. "So does this mean you're going to be nicer from now on?"

I nodded, keeping a smile on my face. "Yeah, I can finally be who I want to be. I have no reason to hide anymore. All of you have accepted me for who I really am, and I'm very grateful to all of you."

They all smiled. Kid soon brought our pancakes over and joined us as we started eating. As we ate, Kid broke the silence.

"Luna, will you be okay with telling my father and the others about your curse?"

I averted my gaze. "I...I don't know. Will they really accept me too?"

He smiled. "Of course. They've all wanted you to open up too. Trust me, they won't turn their backs on you either. Besides, we'll all be there with you."