22-Fun Day With Embarrassing Moments

Today was a pretty normal day. I sat in class beside Kid and Drake. Scribbling down notes on Stein's lesson, I occasionally glanced at the clock, waiting for class to be over.

As soon as the bell rang, I got my things together and headed to the lunchroom with the gang. Sitting beside Kid, I enjoyed talking and laughing with all my friends.

Blackstar suddenly yelled, "Hey, since today's Friday, why don't we play some basketball after school?!"

Patty raised her hand as if she were in kindergarten. "Ooooh, and then we can go to the mansion and play games!"

Drake said, "Count me in. A day to relax and have fun with friends, sounds great."

Soul grinned. "Cool. We'll meet up at the basketball court."

Everyone agreed, and once classes were over, we all headed home to get changed. I wore my casual tank top and shorts before heading out with the others.

Kid held my hand in his, fingers entwined as we walked to the basketball court. Meeting up with the others there, we began a game with teams of four.

Maka, Crona, and I sat on a bench, watching the others play while we talked a bit. I mostly kept my gaze on Kid the whole time. I never realized how good he was before.

After one game, Blackstar and Patty both yelled, "Let's play boys against girls!"

Since Maka didn't want to play, I was on a team with Liz, Patty, and Tsubaki. We had to play against Kid, Soul, Blackstar, and Drake. Maka, Crona, and Drew all sat on the sidelines, watching us.

I smirked as I dribbled the ball, dodging my way past the boys. I currently stood in front of Soul, trying to find a way around him. He grinned and lunged toward me, trying to take the ball.

I did the only thing I could and jumped up, shooting the ball toward the hoop. At that moment, Soul's face was right in front of my chest.

As I landed back on my feet, Soul fell back on the ground with a bloody nose. I felt my face heat up slightly.

Soul laid motionless, muttering, "Wow."

I blinked a few times, covering my chest with my arms. "I did not mean for that to happen."

The others came over, Blackstar helping Soul up before laughing and patting his back. "Way to go, Soul! You sure got a nice view, huh?!"

Kid growled slightly. "That's enough, Blackstar."

Patty giggled. "Looks like Kiddo's getting jealous!"

"Quiet, Patty!"

Maka soon butted in. "Come on, guys. Let's just play already."

Tsubaki chimed in. "At least we won. You just barely made that hoop, Luna."

I gasped, "Really? I made it? I didn't even notice!"

I began jumping around and let out a happy howl. Drake suddenly nudged me.

"You know, jumping around like that is what made Soul's face meet your chest in the first place."

I stopped in my tracks. My happiness left me as embarrassment once again washed over me.

I decided to sit out for the next game while the others joined back in. I went and sat on a bench. Kid soon came over, sitting beside me.

"Everything okay, Luna?"

I smiled slightly. "Yeah, I'm just feeling a bit...embarrassed. I really didn't mean for that to happen with Soul."