9-One Thing After Another

All I did was run. Place after place, I had to run away from everything.

I was alone. All alone. I sat quietly in front of a pond, my tail swishing back in forth.

Tears fell down my face and into the water, causing ripples on the surface. Why? Why does my reflection still show me as human, when my body looks like this?

Hearing a maniacal laugh, I turned and growled, seeing the person I wanted to kill.

She looked at me and asked, "What's the matter? Tired of being treated like a monster? Tired of running away?"

"Go away! Leave me alone!"

She gave me a fake sad face. "Aww, but why would I leave you alone? After all, I'm all you've got left."

I turned away from her. "I'd rather be alone than with you."

"Very well. But I'm sure we'll see each other again soon."

When I looked back, she was gone. I sighed and sat back down, looking at my reflection again.

I suddenly heard rustling, and looked to see two blue haired boys emerging from some bushes. They both smiled upon seeing me.

"Hey there. You're the one who supposedly attacked our town, right?"

I sighed. "That's me. What do you want?"

"We know you didn't attack our town. It was a witch, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Well, we want to help you. We're weapons, would you like to be partners?"

"Partners? But I'm just a beast, what could I possibly do with weapons?"

They both came closer, looking at my reflection. "You look pretty human to me."

"But, what about your families?"

"Don't have any, we're orphans."

"I see."

Orphans. They're just like me. Maybe I can use them to get my revenge.

"Alright. You two can be my partners."

They both hugged me. "Yay! This means we're family now!"

I chuckled. "I guess it does."

These two, they agreed to help me. They aren't afraid of me. They trust me. They're the only ones I can trust now.

I woke up with tears running down my face. I got up, looking around the room. I sighed to myself. Another dream from my past.

Wiping my tears away, I realized my hands were paws. I growled to myself. Oh great, this is just the perfect place to transform.

I quickly got up and headed for the door. Maybe I can hide in the twin's room until I can change back. I made my way to the door, propping up on my hind legs.

That's when I realized, the doors in Kid's house all have knobs for handles. I fumbled with the door knob, trying to get a grip on it with my paws, but failing.

I sighed in annoyance and gave up. "Oh great. Now what?"

I paced all around the room. What do I do? I can't get out of this room.

I jumped back on my bed and sat down. Everything's going to be okay. I just have to get myself to change back. I close my eyes, but just as I do, I hear a knock on my door.