7-Training And Hanging Out

Kid's pov

When I woke up, Liz, Patty, and the twins were already awake, sitting quietly. I guess being the first ones to fall asleep last night allowed them to wake up earlier.

Looking across from me, Luna was still sound asleep, her head resting on Drew's shoulder. I glanced outside to see we were nearing Death City.

Liz glanced at me with a small smile and quietly said, "Morning, Kid. Patty got more snacks if you're hungry."

Patty held out a variety of snacks. I picked out a granola bar and started eating. I looked back over at Luna who still slept peacefully.

Now I understand why people admired her for her looks, she is quite beautiful. If we can just change her attitude.

I noticed Drake giving me a sly grin. "Enjoying the view, Kid?"

I nervously replied, "N-No, I just think we should probably wake her up."

Drew nodded in agreement and slightly shook Luna until she woke up. She stretched before slouching back against the seat.

Luna's pov

I lazily looked around out the window. "Are we there yet?"

Kid glanced outside before replying, "We're about to enter Death City. Want a snack?"

Patty showed me a variety of snacks. Kid was eating a granola bar, so I decided to have one too.

"I'll take a granola bar."

Kid grabbed one from Patty and tossed it to me. Catching it, I opened it and started eating. We finished eating as the train stopped in Death City.

We exited the train and walked up the streets, heading back to the DWMA. Entering the building, students were heading to their classes.

Funny, we got back just in time for classes to start. We went straight to the Death Room, seeing Lord Death waiting for us.

"Hey there! Good job, all of you! Kid, since you were supervising, I'd like to hear how well Luna performed in the field."

Kid nodded. "Luna was exceptional. She was quick to track down the kishin. We fought together, but Luna used magic to remove the kishin's outer armor and she dealt the finishing blow. There's no doubt in my mind that she can handle herself in a tough battle."

Lord Death nodded in satisfaction. "Good. Very good. Kid, Liz, Patty, you three can go on to class. I'd like to talk to Luna and her weapons."

Kid bowed his head slightly and flashed me a smile before turning and leaving with his partners. Lord Death turned toward me.

"Luna, what can you do with your weapon's magic?"

"Well, I can basically just move things, but that alone gives me an advantage in battle."

He nodded. "I agree. But have you ever wanted to learn more?"

"More?"

Lord Death came closer and looked down at us.

"Being magic weapons, Drake and Drew are capable of using a variety of elemental magic, such as fire or ice. And you alone, Luna, are able to harness that power."

"So, how can we learn these types of magic?"

"Allow me to train you myself."

The three of us gasped. Spirit rushed over from where he stood.

"Lord Death, YOU'RE going to teach them magic?!"

"Don't sound so surprised, Spirit. Just because I'm a reaper doesn't mean I don't know my fair share about magic."