16-Sleepover

After a couple of days in the infirmary, Naigus allowed me to go home. She told me to just take it easy until my wounds were healed up.

The pain in my side was the worst, along with my leg, which caused me to limp when I walked. Kid, the twins, Liz, and Patty helped me back to Gallows Mansion.

Lord Death told me it was okay for me to miss classes until I got well enough to move around freely.

Back at Gallows Mansion, Liz and Patty helped me to the bathroom so I could change. I wore black shorts and a short, sleeveless, white shirt.

I wore something simple that left my injuries uncovered so I could freely change the bandages. I stayed home while the others went to the DWMA.

It was pretty boring since I couldn't do much in my injured state. I laid on my bed, listening to music on my mp3 player. Enjoying the music, I began singing along.

My door was open and being home alone, I turned the music up. I sung along with my favorite songs, not caring how loud I was since no one else was home anyway.

Kid's pov

I left the academy early today so I could go home and check on Luna. Entering the mansion, I was immediately greeted by what sounded like music coming from upstairs.

I made my way upstairs as the music got louder. Following it to Luna's room, I could hear her voice singing along with the music.

I didn't know she could sing, she's actually pretty good. I slowly entered the open doorway watching as Luna jumped in surprise and turned off her music.

I could see her face turn red out of embarrassment. "K-Kid, what are doing home?!"

"I left early to make sure you were okay. You've got a pretty voice."

"T-Thanks."

She averted her gaze from me. That's when I noticed that her bandages had some slight blood stains on them. Naigus did say to frequently wash the wounds and change the bandages.

I approached her with a smile. "Come on, why don't we get you some clean bandages."

She nodded and struggled to her feat. "Okay."

I wrapped my arm around her and helped her to the bathroom. I'll be glad when her leg is better at least so she can get around on her own.

I sat her down on the edge of the bathtub and unraveled her bandages. With a wet cloth, I began cleaning the bite marks on her left shoulder and right arm.

She would occasionally wince at the slight pain, but mostly remained calm. I bandaged her shoulder and arm before moving down to her right leg.

Getting a closer look, I could see the deep cuts in her leg from the wolves' claws. I slowly began cleaning the cuts. I could feel Luna's leg tense up as she winced.

I stopped and just stroked her leg until I felt her calm down, then I'd start cleaning again. Finishing on her leg, I bandaged it up before moving to her side.

This was the worst of her injuries. Oakley's last attempt at stopping her left a huge slice in Luna's left side.

As I began cleaning, I noticed Luna's hands clenching onto the edge of the tub as she winced in pain.

"I'm sorry, Luna. I know it hurts but it'll soon be done."

She stayed quiet as I finished and wrapped bandages around her stomach.

"There, all finished."

"Thank you, Kid."

I looked up at her smiling face from where I knelt in front of her. I straightened myself up and moved closer to her. This was it, I was going to take a chance.