6-Mission With Kid

I slowly opened my eyes, seeing sunlight peeking in past the curtains. I sat up and stretched, noticing I was back in my normal, human form again.

I got up and got dressed before heading downstairs. Entering the kitchen, I saw Drake sitting at the table while Drew stood over the stove.

Drake gave me a grin when he noticed me. "Morning, Lulu."

"Good morning."

As I sat across from Drake, Drew flashed me a smile from over his shoulder.

"Morning, Luna. I'm making pancakes."

"Yum."

They both chuckled at my simple reply. Drew soon set down a plate of pancakes in front of each of us before joining us himself.

As we started eating, Drake complimented, "You're a great cook, bro."

"Yeah, Drew. You're cooking is amazing."

He nervously scratched the back of his neck. "Come on, I'm not that great."

Drake smiled and patted his brother's shoulder. After eating, we quickly got ready and left for the DWMA.

Approaching the academy, I saw the gang all there. They all smiled and waved as they noticed us. The twins waved back as we got closer.

I quietly walked past them all, but quickly stopped. Alright, I can do this, it's just a few simple words.

"Blackstar, I'm...sorry...about what happened yesterday."

I could tell he was smiling by his reply. "Don't worry about it! It was an awesome battle!"

Without looking back, I walked into the school, hearing the other's footsteps as they followed. Upon entering the classroom, Stein immediately looked over at us.

"Luna, Kid, Lord Death wants to see you both."

I tilted my head slightly. "Huh, wonder what he wants."

As the others took their seats, Kid, Liz, Patty, the twins and I all headed to the Death Room. Upon entering, we were greeted by Lord Death, like usual.

"Hiya, Luna! I have a mission for you!"

"A mission?"

He nodded. "Yes, I want you and Kid to take care of a strong kishin in a city to the west."

"But, sir, I can handle this myself. I don't need any help."

"I know, I'm pretty sure you're capable of doing this yourself. But since this is your first mission, I want you under supervision for this."

I sighed. "Alright, I understand."

"We'll get it done, father."

We turned and headed out, hearing Lord Death behind us shout, "Good luck, you two!"

We made our way to the mission board and looked for the mission. Kid soon pointed to one.

"Here it is."

We all read over it before leaving the academy. We were lucky to catch a train that headed to the west.

I sat with the twins on my sides while Kid sat across from us with his partners on his sides. I crossed my arms as I sat quietly, often glancing outside.

After sitting in silence for awhile, I noticed Kid was staring at me.

"What?"

"I'm sorry, I was just admiring your beautiful symmetry. You're also lucky to have such perfectly symmetrical weapon partners."