32-A Fitting End

After our big mission in Arabia, we took it easy and skipped out on missions for awhile. I had completely forgotten that winter was quickly approaching.

We went from the scorching hot desert to the now cold Death City. And each day, the temperature dropped a little more.

I currently walked home with Kid and our weapons. It was a cold, cloudy, Friday afternoon. Of course, Drake was whining like a baby.

"Why does it have to be so coooold?!"

I simply looked over at him. "Because it's winter, duh."

Patty laughed at my statement. Kid's gaze went over to Drake as he said, "Well, you're not going to like this, Drake. There's supposed to be a big snowstorm tonight."

Drake shivered. "What?! Uuuugh!"

I tilted my head at Kid. "Are you serious?"

He nodded. "Yeah, that's why it's so cloudy today."

Liz butted into the conversation. "Let's hurry up and get home then. I want a nice, hot meal."

We all nodded in agreement. We soon made it back to Gallows Mansion. Kid, Drew, and I quickly got to work on fixing some soup. It wasn't anything special, just something to warm us up.

After we finished eating, Kid took up the dishes and headed to the sink. "Guess I'll get to cleaning up."

I quickly stood up. "Oh, I'll help."

The others left the kitchen, leaving Kid and me to cleanup. I heard Kid chuckle as I held my hands under the warm water.

"Luna, we're never going to get finished if you just soak your hands the whole time."

I quickly grabbed a bowl and started washing it. "Oops, sorry, I can't help it. The warm water feels so good."

As we stood side by side, Kid smiled at me. "Well, if you're cold, I'd be more than happy to help warm you up."

I smirked at him. "Oh, really?"

It was quiet as we finished the dishes. Drying my hands, I pushed Kid out of the way and ran. "You'll have to catch me first!"

I rushed out of the room, laughing as I hid behind a couch in the living room. I stifled my laughs as I heard Kid rush into the room.

"You know I can find you by tracking your soul!"

My eyes widened. I forgot he could do that. I sat perfectly still until I heard shifting on the couch. I looked up to see Kid gazing down at me with a smirk.

"Found you."

I quickly got up and ran as he began reaching for me. I rushed up the stairs, looking back to see him following. I ran to my room, attempting to shut him out.

Unfortunately, he caught up quicker than I would've thought and pushed his way through the door. He quickly grabbed me, trapping me in his arms.

He joined me in laughter at our silly little game. "I guess you caught me, Kid. You win."

"So, do I get a prize?"

I thought for a moment. "Nope."

"What do you mean 'nope'?"

I stifled my giggles. "I'm only kidding, of course you get a prize."

I leaned up and kissed his lips. He immediately kissed back, gently pushing me against the wall. While my hands rested behind his neck, his hands traveled across my sides to right below my breasts.