3-A Familiar Face

Kid's pov

That mission took longer than I thought. It took almost the whole week, mainly because the trip there and back took about three days.

Holding Liz and Patty in weapon form, I flew on Beelzebub back to Death City. Flying over the buildings below, I quickly arrived back at the DWMA.

I landed and released Liz and Patty, letting them change back to human form before absorbing Beelzebub back into my palm.

I looked up at the building in awe. "Ahh, it's so nice to see the beautiful symmetry of my father's academy again. I never tire of seeing it."

I heard Patty giggling as Liz sighed in annoyance. "Come on, Kid. We need to report to Lord Death about the mission."

"Of course, let's go."

I walked into the academy with Liz and Patty and headed straight to the Death Room. I was instantly greeted by my father.

"Hey there, Kiddo! How'd the mission go?"

"It was a success, father. All the kishin that were terrorizing that city have been taken care of."

"Great job, Kiddo! I knew I could count on you!"

I nodded and turned to leave, stuffing my hands into my pockets. I passed by many students in the halls as I headed over to the mission board.

Just as I figured, that's where the whole gang was. They all greeted us as we approached.

Soul grinned, showing his pointy teeth before he spoke. "So I'm guessing the mission was a success?"

I nodded. "Yeah, the longest part was just getting there and back."

After a little chatting, we started heading for class. With the girls and Crona ahead, Soul and Blackstar hung back on either side of me.

Soul suddenly asked, "So, since you're back from your mission, why don't you join us for a guy's night tomorrow?"

"A guy's night?"

Blackstar interrupted, "Yeah, tomorrow's Saturday! We already asked Crona and he agreed! Of course, WHO COULD TURN DOWN A BIG STAR LIKE ME, HAHAHA!

"That's why you have to come, dude. It'll be just the four of us guys, no girls to bother us."

I nodded. "Okay, I'll go."

"Cool, we'll meet up at your place around seven."

"Seven?! No, please! Make it eight! It has to be eight!"

Soul sighed. "Fine, eight it is."

"Thank you. Where are we going to go anyway?"

Blackstar jumped in front of me. "It's an awesome place where-!"

Soul clamped a hand over his mouth to shut him up.

"It's a surprise. Me and Blackstar have gone there quite a bit, but it'll be brand new to you and Crona. You'll just have to wait and find out."