Chapter One: Hope

"Yoongi-ssi! New order for a corsage! White lilies, few greens, silver ribbon!" Yoongi heard his boss call for him from across the store and he paused tending to the daffodils that looked a bit on the wilting side, pulling his notebook out of his apron pocket.

"White lilies, few greens and silver ribbon?" He repeated back as he wrote the words down and looked up for confirmation. She nodded back at him from the front counter and started walking in his direction.

"You don't need to worry about it now though, you can start working on it after we close up for the day alright?" A warm smile came from her part and Yoongi returned it wholeheartedly.

"Arasseo, noona." He beamed before filling up the watering can with fresh water. His boss rolled her eyes at him.

"Yoongi, I told you; call me Yuri"

"Noonaaa, noonaaaa!" Yoongi sang as he watered the flowers, shaking his hips jokingly.

"You're such a nerd!" Yuri giggled, leaning against the shelf beside her.

"But you love me." He smiled and set the watering can back on the shelf, wiping his hands on his apron.

"That's debatable." She laughed.
Yoongi pouted and put his hands over his heart.

"I'm hurt."

"You'll live, now go man the counter I'll take over back here."

Nodding, Yoongi made his way up to the front of the store, untying his apron and folding it. He set the apron on the counter. Adjusting the crown of flowers that sat atop his head he sighed and looked out the store window.
Valentine's day had been a few days before which meant that the store had been considerably busy. Yoongi wasn't exactly a sociable person per say, but if a customer was going to tell him a five minute explanation on how they were going to propose on Valentine's day, he wasn't going to turn them down.

That was one of the reasons he loved his job to be honest, the most common reason a customer came in was to get a gift for their loved one. Yoongi could always tell as soon as they walked in, they practically glowed wondering what they should get and what their partner would think of it.

Yoongi couldn't say he didn't wonder what it was like to have someone that you loved so much, but from what he gathered from the customers; it must be pretty nice.
The bell on the front door chimed, signalling that a new customer had walked in, snapping Yoongi out of his thoughts.

He looked up again and laid his eyes upon the person who walked in. They were male, fairly tall, light brown hair swept to the side and hands shoved in the pockets of his jeans.
He had the aura of someone buying something for a loved one, but his expression pained Yoongi. He looked unbelievably sad as his eyes raked over the various flowers in the shop. Yoongi knew that Yuri noticed as well, one look at her could tell all. Her lips tugged into a small frown and eyebrows furrowed slightly as she looked away from him and added new soil to a pot.

"W-Welcome!" Yoongi greeted, deciding it would be best to say something. It wasn't that he hadn't dealt with sad customers before, of course he had, but it got to him every time. Although Yoongi knew that being upset was just a part of life, he hated seeing other people upset more than being upset himself. "Is there anything I can help you with?"
The man looked up at Yoongi and moved a stray piece of hair out of his face before approaching the front counter.

"What would you recommend for an... Apology?" The man asked seemingly looking everywhere but Yoongi.

"An apology? Um.." Yoongi thought for a second. "I've always liked the look of a small bouquet, of maybe five flowers. They're simple, but in the most beautiful way."
Finally meeting eyes with Yoongi, the man nodded.