Chapter Twenty Three: Songbird

"Jungkook, you sing right?"

Yoongi was currently seated cross legged on a chair in the studio Jimin had lent him for the time being, tissues not far away as the cold he caught was still thriving. He held his phone in between his ear and his shoulder as his fingers busily typed lyrics down into the laptop.

"Hm? Yeah you could say that. Why?" Jungkook's voice answered over the receiver.

"I might need your help." Yoongi answered, frowning at something he wrote down and then deleting it.

"How so?

Yoongi finally gave up and stopped trying to think of something, taking his phone into his hand once more and deciding he'd try again later.

"So you know that song I'm writing for Hoseok..." He began, spinning absentmindedly in his chair.

"You want me to do the vocals for it?" Jungkook finished, Yoongi humming in approval.

"That's what I was thinking, yeah."

Yoongi heard Jungkook sigh over the phone, before the younger replied.

"I mean..." He paused, "I guess I could, but don't expect any super high quality vocals okay?"

Yoongi laughed.

"Oh shush, I bet you're amazing. Anyway, thank you." He smiled, spinning around in his seat.

"No problem." Jungkook answered, "I'm sorry but I've got to get going Hyung, I can see Seokjin-Hyung glaring at me right now for being on my phone when it's not my break. I'll talk to you soon okay?"

"Alright, bye." Yoongi smiled before hanging up, then letting out the sneeze that had been building up throughout the entire conversation.

The door creaked open and Jimin popped his head into the room, grinning.

"Hey how's it going?" He smiled, Yoongi shrugging in response and grabbing a few tissues.

"Fine I guess, lyrics are coming along slow as fuck though which isn't exactly fantastic."

"Can I look at them so far?" Jimin asked, walking further into the room. It was currently nearly 2:00 pm and Jimin looked the exact same as he did when he opened the door at 10:00, like he just woke up. Yoongi held back a laugh and nodded, ushering him over.

"They're obviously not done, and I haven't edited anything so it might sound like shit..." He mumbled as he rolled the chair further away from the desk, allowing Jimin room to look.

After reading, Jimin looked back, a huge smile on his face.

"If this is what you consider "shit" then I can't wait to see what you actually think is good. Hyung, this is amazing!" He exclaimed, causing Yoongi to laugh nervously.

He never was good at taking compliments.

"Uh, thanks. I still have a lot of work to do on them though." He shrugged, spinning in the chair once more.

Jimin nodded and leaned against the wall, shoving his hands into the pockets of his sweatpants.

"I can't wait to read them when they're done." He smiled before tugging on the older's arm gently. "Come take a break, you've been working for like two thousand years"

Yoongi rolled his eyes, but stood up regardless.

"It's been like four hours calm down." He sighed, walking out of the room with Jimin.

"Four hours without a break." Jimin added matter-of-factly, walking into the kitchen. "You hungry?" He asked, Yoongi shrugging in response. "Okay so you are. I haven't really gone grocery shopping in awhile so I'll order takeout. Find something on TV and don't protest. You're due for a break."

------------------------------

"Damn I'm hot."

"True."

Seokjin leaned back and smirked as Namjoon ran his hand through his newly coloured hair, silver really suited him.

Hoseok grinned an rolled his eyes, throwing out the empty tube of dye and picking up a few pieces of the other's hair before letting it fall back onto his head.

"And it's all my work, you should thank me." He smiled.

It had come to that time again where Namjoon had gotten bored of his old hair colour, then recruiting Hoseok to help him dye it. Although he had never dyed his hair himself, Hoseok seemed to be the go-to person for new hair colours.

Maybe one day he'd do something with his hair, but he was too scared that he wouldn't like it and then not know how to fix it. Or that it would all fall out. That's what he prays not to happened every single time one of his friends asks him to do this.

Suddenly, his phone rung causing him to jump slightly before answering it.

"Hello?"

"Hey Hoseok."

A huge grin immediately spread across his face once Hoseok heard the voice he had grown so used to.

"Hey Yoongi, what's up?" He answered, causing Seokjin and Namjoon to both share a look.

"Well, Jimin is forcing me to take a break and he finally left to go to the bathroom." Yoongi answered, "That isn't, however, why I called.

Hoseok raised an eyebrow.

"Oh? Why'd you call?"

"I realized that I haven't told you that I love you today."

Hoseok's eyes widened, and his face reddened. "So here it is: I love you Hoseok, I'll see you soon."

Hoseok sighed, smiling.

"I love you too."

-----------------------
A/N:
Even writing about people saying 'I love you' makes me so happy oh my.
Also, holy shit 9k
I'm thinking of doing a q&a type thing for when I hit 10k so I guess you could leave questions here if you have any

- Charlie