Chapter Thiry One: Thunder and Lightning

"Hoseok wake up."

A crash of thunder much like the one that woke Yoongi up felt as if it shook the apartment and caused the man to squeeze his eyes shut in fear. Waiting until the noise ceased, Yoongi opened his eyes and shook his boyfriend's arm, grip tightening once a bolt of lightning lit up the sky. "Hoseok please."

Finally stirring awake, concern was the first emotion Hoseok felt once he opened his eyes to see Yoongi staring down at him with a look of fear on his features.

"Hey, what's wrong?" His voice soft, Hoseok sat up and held Yoongi's hands in his, trying to get the older to look at him.

"I-It's stupid." Yoongi mumbled, not being able to stop his trembling. Another crash of thunder sounded through the room and Yoongi squeezed his eyes shut once more, slight trembles turning into full blown shaking.

Realizing the issue, Hoseok sighed and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's curled up form.

"It's alright Yoongi." Hoseok cooed, running his hands through the older's hair. "We're all afraid of something, there's nothing to be embarrassed about."

Yoongi merely shook his head and tightened his grip on the blanket.

"But I-I've been scared of thunderstorms since I was a kid. I should be over it by now." Yoongi whimpered, his hands releasing the blanket as he huddled into Hoseok's warm chest.

"Yoongi, it's fine." Hoseok began to softly draw invisibles patterns on Yoongi's back with his fingers, still concerned of how much his boyfriend was shaking. "I've been scared of spiders for as long as I can remember, and I'm still not over it. We can't really control these things you know?" Yoongi shrugged. "Here," Hoseok began, "Let's just talk, help you get your mind off of things."

"Okay." Yoongi whispered, "About what?"

Another bolt of lightning lit up the sky and illuminated the two of them in the otherwise dark room. Yoongi's hair was disheveled, fear-stricken face buried in the younger's shoulder. Hoseok continued to rub Yoongi's back, whispering calming words to him as he did so.

"You can ask me something." Hoseok answered Yoongi previous question, "And I'll answer. Sound okay?"

Yoongi nodded slowly, lifting his head up slightly.

"Do you believe in love at first sight?"

Smiling Hoseok nodded.

"I know a lot of people don't, because they think that 'love at first sight' is just falling in love with someone's looks." He began, "I believe in it though, because there is so much you can fall in love with about a person on first glance besides just their looks. Their presence in a room; how they seem to bring the entire mood up, their expressiveness, their laughter. There's so much."

Yoongi nodded, Hoseok noticing as he seemed to calm slightly in his arms.

"Did you fall in love with me at first sight?" He asked softly.

"I don't think I realized it at the time as love, but I knew as soon as I saw you, that I wanted to encounter you again. And again, and again, and again." Hoseok chuckled and trailed off, looking down into Yoongi's eyes.

"Is there anything in your lifetime that you'd change?" Yoongi asked after a few minutes, obviously tensing as a small rumble of thunder was heard in the distance.

Hoseok shook his head.

"Absolutely not. I'll always remember those stories where somebody changes one small detail about the past and alters the entire future. I feel like everything had a part in getting me to where I am now, so I wouldn't change anything." He answered. "Would you?"

Hoseok felt Yoongi's breath hitch for a moment and raised an eyebrow.

"Yes and no." He began. "I had a pretty shitty time as a kid. Not because of my parents or anything I just didn't really like who I was you know? It had gotten so bad to the point that ripped up everything that I wrote back then; and I mean everything, and I hated looking at my reflection in the mirror. I was just in a bad place. If this never happened though, Taehyung probably would've never accidentally read something I wrote and been the first to tell me that I was really good at it. If that didn't happen, we'd never become friends and he'd never make me apply to work at the flower shop many years later, and then I never would've met you." Yoongi paused and took in a breath. "I guess that just shows that the bad times in your life may open up opportunities to good ones?"

Hoseok nodded slowly, amazed that Yoongi was opening up this much to him. Although Yoongi would never keep anything huge from Hoseok, he seemed to like to keep to past where it was.

"I suppose." He agreed, smiling as he felt Yoongi's fingers tap softly along his side. "When I was around sixteen I broke a bone in my arm attempting to do a dance move that I knew was too advanced for me at the time. It kind of put me back in my place you know? If that never happened, I would've continued doing things above my skill level and hurt myself worse."

Yoongi hummed in response and brushed as few strands of hair off of his face. He had calmed down along with the rain that was now a mere drizzle landing in small drops on the window. The clock now read 3:54 am, the two of them had been up for nearly an hour now.

"Hoseok, honest question." The older suddenly asked, making Hoseok tilt his head to the side.

"Go ahead."

Yoongi sighed.

"Did me doing this annoy you?" He muttered, picking at the fabric of the blanket. "You have classes later today and you need your sleep. I woke you up
over something so petty."

Shaking his head, Hoseok frowned and tilted Yoongi's head so that their gazes locked.

"Yoongi, if you ever feel scared, or unsafe, or just need someone to vent to, I'm here okay? I'm here." His words were laced with sincerity, Yoongi nodded softly in response.

Slowly, he leaned forward, fingers lacing together with Hoseok's. Their lips met and they kissed softly, moving in sinc as nothing but love radiated of the both of them.

Yoongi pulled away a small bit, their lips millimetres apart.

"But what if it's late like now, I'm at my apartment, you're here, and your phone is dead?" He asked, his breath hot on Hoseok's lips.

Thinking for a second, a cheeky smile made its way into Hoseok's face.

"Move in with me?" He asked.

Yoongi donned a matched smile and nodded.

"I'd love to." He answered.

Beaming, Hoseok captured Yoongi's lips with his and pushed him back so that they both fell onto the mattress below. Noses touching, they both uttered familiar words that were understood long ago.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

---------------------
A/N:
Yay an update!
Who doesn't love a lil bit of fluff?
Also thank you for almost 30k reads! That's amazing oh my god

- Charlie :)