Chapter Twenty Eight: Home

"I'm done work at five okay? Love you."

"Alright, love you too."

Yoongi sighed and flopped back onto his couch, allowing his phone to fall onto the carpeted floor.

What should he do today? Hoseok was at work until later and he had basically finished his song, so he wasn't sure what to do with himself. It wasn't a bad day outside, making Yoongi quite happy that it was his day off.

Sitting up, Yoongi decided that he was just going to go on a walk. The sun was out and he had come to the realization that he spent more time inside than outside. Pocketing his phone and walking towards the door, Yoongi slipped on a pair of shoes and left his apartment, locking the door behind him.

The elevator in his building was broken and had been that way for awhile now, so Yoongi let out a small sigh before descending down the stairs.

Exiting the building, Yoongi breathed in the fresh air and smiled before setting off on his way. He wasn't exactly sure of where he was going to, but he liked the think that he knew the place well enough to not get lost.

Shrugging off the flannel he wore and tying it around his waist, Yoongi realised that he underestimated just how warm it was as he walked down the sidewalk. He shrugged it off however, knowing he should probably be grateful for the nicer weather they were getting.

After a few more minutes of walking, Yoongi found himself at the entrance of the main park in the city. It was quite big and there was a pretty decent playground for children, as well as bike trails weaving throughout. Smiling, Yoongi stuck his hands in his pockets and strolled down the path, coming to an abrupt halt when he nearly stepped on a chalk drawing that was currently being worked on.

"Oh sorry!" Yoongi apologised, stepping back and looking down at the drawing. The little girl working on it looked up, eyes lighting up as soon as they made eye contact.

"Oh hi Yoongi-Oppa! What are you doing here?" She asked setting down the piece of chalk she was holding and sitting down.

Yoongi smiled and crouched down.

"Hey there Seoyeon," he grinned, "It's a nice day today so I decided to go for a walk."

"You should help me draw this." She smiled, pointing to the chalk drawing in front of her. It seemed to be of a unicorn, making Yoongi giggle.

"I mean, I'm not really an artist..." He chuckled, but nonetheless picked up a pink piece of chalk and walked over so that he was sitting beside her.

"Where's your special friend?" Seoyeon asked as she drew various stars around her drawing.

"Hoseok?" Yoongi asked, Seoyeon nodding in response. "He's at work right now. Where's your mom and dad?"

Seoyeon smiled and stood up, pointing to a bench not far away.

"Over there! We should go say hi!" Yoongi nodded and smiled as well, allowing Seoyeon's small hand to grab his as she pulled him over to her parents. "Mom, dad, this is Yoongi-Oppa! He's one of Jungkook-Oppa's friends."

Yoongi smiled and did a slight bow.

"Hello," he greeted, "I'm Min Yoongi."

Seoyeon's parents both smiled, her mom responding.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Jeon Chaeyoung." She smiled, "This is my husband Jaejoon. Seoyeon said that you were a friend of Jungkook's?"

Yoongi nodded.

"A few days ago he brought Seoyeon into the store I work at to say hi, that's how she recognized me." Her mom smiled and nodded.

"That and she just really likes talking to people." She laughed, Yoongi smiling softly.

"Min Yoongi?" Seoyeon's dad spoke up, "Do your parents happen to live in Daegu?" He asked, Yoongi raising an eyebrow and nodded.

"They do. I used to live there as well until a few years back when I moved here." He answered, wondering where this conversation was going.

Smiling, Seoyeon's parents shared a look.

"We're from Daegu as well." Her mom smiled, "I'm just here visiting my sister. Back home we're pretty close with your parents as they don't live to far away from us."

Yoongi's eyes widened. As much as he wanted to, Yoongi hadn't been able to find the time to call his parents and talk to them.

"You are?" He asked, "How are they doing?"

"They're doing really well actually, and are always talking about you. I suggest you call them sometime soon, yeah?" Her dad responded, Yoongi nodding.

"I plan on it."

Feeling a tug on his shirt, Yoongi looked down and met Seoyeon's eyes.

"Are you going to come help me finish my drawing?" She asked, jutting out her bottom lip. Yoongi grinned and nodded before turning and waving to her parents.

"It was nice to meet you." He smiled.

"It was nice to meet you too."

-----------------

"Yoongi? Is that you?"

Sighing, Yoongi couldn't help but smile once he heard the voice through the receiver.

"Hi mom." He answered, feeling small tears well up in his eyes once he heard the small, happy gasp on the other end.

"Oh I haven't heard from you in so long! How have you been? I wish you could speak to your dad, but he's at work." His mom responded, the smile evident in her voice. Yoongi laughed lightly.

"I'm doing fine actually. Has dad found a new job or is still at the same one?" He asked.

"Still at the same one. How about you? What are you doing for work? You still want to pursue music right? If not then I've been bragging about you to everyone for nothing." She answered, making Yoongi laugh.

"I still want to make music mom." He chuckled, "But it's kind of on the side. I'm working at a shop right now, but one of my friends has helped me create an actual song."

"An actual song?"

"An actual song." Yoongi confirmed his mom's question.

"Ah I'm so proud of you! What about relationship wise? Have you got anyone you can take home to see me yet?" Her next question made Yoongi's face heat up and he nodded. Luckily for Yoongi, his parents found out about his sexuality years ago and, although they were a bit skeptical at first, learned to accept it.

"I do. His name is Hoseok." He mumbled, not being able to keep the smile off of his face.

"Oh my gosh! What is he like? Is he cute?" She gushed, making Yoongi's blush darken.

"He's really sweet." He responded, "He's always smiling as well. He's a dancer and works not too far away from me."

"A dancer? Must he pretty fit then hm?"

"Mom..." Yoongi groaned, rolling his eyes although she couldn't see it.

"I'm joking! Still though, I'd love to meet him." The smile in her voice made Yoongi grin and he nodded.

"I'm sure he'd love to meet you as well."

--------------------------
A/N:
Ah yes another update.

anD HOLY SHIT WE'VE HIT 20K??? THATS A LOT??? okay so I did some research and to put it into perspective: if every single read is one individual person then all of the people who've read my book would fill up Madison square garden.
Wow. I literally can't thank you enough.

So at 10k I did a little q&a and I've decided to do another for 20k because why not? So like if you have anything you want to ask me you can leave them here I guess.

Also PS. After tallying up all the comments I think it's obvious that I'll continue writing my new Yoonseok book "Chemicals" watch out for that

FORGOT TO ADD: If you want to see my shenanigans outside of wattpad follow @/molten_rocks on Instagram lol

- (A very hyped) Charlie