Chapter Three: Park Jimin

To say that Jimin was shocked would be an understatement.

To be quite honest, Jimin really didn't think that Hoseok would care when he told the older man that he wanted to break it off between the two. It always seemed like Hoseok didn't have any interest in Jimin, and over time, Jimin decided to accept that.

He didn't actually think that he'd see his former boyfriend again besides maybe awkward glances at the grocery store or accidentally bumping into each other at the studio they both dance at.
So Jimin couldn't say it was expected when said former boyfriend was standing at his doorstep... Holding a bouquet of flowers.

"What are you doing here?" Jimin asked eyeing the flowers in Hoseok's hands.

"Can I come in?"

Jimin hesitated. This wasn't the ideal situation he wanted to be in right now.
He made a mental note to himself when he broke up with Hoseok that he wouldn't look like a mumbling, stuttering mess next time he saw the older man.
He wasn't planning on changing that just because Hoseok decided to show up with a bouquet of flowers.

Really pretty flowers.

Jimin took a deep breath and straightened up his back.

"Yeah, sure." He replied.

He stepped aside and let Hoseok walk in, also giving himself a silent pep talk as he did so.

"So I wanted to talk to you." Hoseok finally said after he sat down on Jimin's couch. Jimin sat next to him, but also left a bit of space between the two.

Definitely not because he was nervous.

"First off, these are for you." Hoseok smiled shyly and handed the flowers towards Jimin, who took them and smiled softly.

"They're very pretty." He noted and decided to keep his gaze on the flowers instead of Hoseok.

"I wanted to say I was sorry."

Jimin's smile faded slightly and he set the flowers on the table before them.
He looked up at Hoseok.

"What for?"

Hoseok raised an eyebrow and stared at Jimin, confused. Jimin sighed and moved closer to Hoseok. "I don't want you to just come in here and say you're sorry without knowing what you're saying sorry for, Hoseok."

The older man hung his head slightly, keeping his gaze away from the younger.
Jimin smiled sadly and took Hoseok's hand in his own lightly, running his thumb over the other's knuckles. "I'm not mad at you. I was for a little bit, but I don't like being mad at you, so I'm not anymore."
Lifting his head up, a hopeful look took over Hoseok's features. "That doesn't mean I want to get back together with you though."

Jimin felt the other's hand tense up and sighed softly. "I broke up with you because it just didn't feel like we were in a relationship at all anymore. I get it, you're balancing college and a part time job, but after you finished either of those you'd immediately take off to your friend's house. I hardly saw you anymore."

"I'm sorry." Came a small whisper from the older man.
Jimin smiled and tilted Hoseok's head up so that he would look at him.

"You stopped kissing me, even hugs were rare." Jimin took note of the glossiness of Hoseok's eyes. "I'm not saying this to make you feel bad. I just want you to know what you did wrong, so that you don't do it again. We learn from our mistakes Hoseok."

Hoseok sniffed and forced a smile onto his face.
"You know, that's one of the reasons I love you. You're so kind." He sighed.

"As are you. I'm not just going to leave you out of my life Hoseok. I won't lie, I wanted to at first, but it means so much to me that you wanted to apologise. I still want you around, just as Hoseok the friend. Not Hoseok the boyfriend." Jimin beamed and wiped at the tears that were threatening to spill out of Hoseok's eyes.