Chapter Four: Coffee Boy

Yoongi huffed out a sigh as he sat himself down on the bench outside the flower shop after he finished his shift there.

He wasn't where he wanted to be in life.

Twenty, turning twenty one, Yoongi definitely thought he'd be in college by now, composing music, getting a degree, all that jazz.
But he wasn't. Instead he was stuck working day shifts at a flower shop that payed him just enough to pay off the rent of his apartment. Don't get him wrong, Yoongi loved working at the flower shop, it's just not where he thought he would be at this point.

His earnings from selling his crowns had started to accumulate, and he was just about to hit the halfway point to the amount he needed for enrolment. Not to mention the spare bits of cash he set aside also, sometimes deciding it would be fine to not buy groceries that week.

It scared him though.

Once he did have enough, was there even a college that would accept him? And if so, how would he be able to pay off the fee from then on?
He felt quite overwhelmed at this point.

"You look distraught."

A familiar voice interrupted his thoughts and he looked up to find no one other than Hoseok standing in front of him, hands in pockets and head tilted to the side slightly.

"I'm not." Yoongi argued, turning his gaze away from Hoseok, and back up to the sky.

"Yeah you are." Hoseok breathed out as he sat down next to Yoongi and faced him, resting his head on one of his hands.

"Since when could you read emotions so well?" Yoongi asked raising an eyebrow, still not looking at Hoseok.

"I'm can't. I'm just really good at guessing."

Yoongi finally looked over at the other man who was flashing him a cheeky grin, making Yoongi give a small smile in return. "You still feeling distraught?" Hoseok asked.

"You could say that yeah."

"I'll take your mind off of it." Hoseok decided, Yoongi raising an eyebrow at him.

"Oh really?" He asked sarcastically, leaning against the armrest of the bench.

"If I can't make you laugh at least once in the next two minutes I'll leave you to be all distraught by yourself ok?" Hoseok suggested, crossing his legs on the bench.

"Is that like your new favourite word or..?"

"Possibly." Hoseok shrugged.

"Alright fine. Entertain me, coffee boy." Yoongi smirked.

"Challenge accepted, flower boy."
The brunette looked deep in thought for a second before smiling. "Knock, knock."

"Okay I'm going to stop you right there."
Hoseok frowned.

"Okay. So you don't like knock knock jokes."

"Does anyone?" Yoongi asked, a small smile creeping its way onto his face.

"They're comedy gold!" The other grinned, leaning against the armrest as well. "Roses are red, Violets are blue..."

"Violets are purple, believe me I'd know."

"Picky, picky.." Hoseok mumbled, narrowing his eyes. "What if they're just such a dark blue they look purple."

"That's like saying an orange is such a light red it looks orange!" Yoongi exclaimed.

"But light red is pink."

"Picky, picky!" Yoongi mocked, laughing out loud as he did so. He looked over to at Hoseok, wiping his eyes as he did and raised an eyebrow when he saw the other grinning at him stupidly. "What?"

"I made you laugh." His smile reaching up to his eyes.
Yoongi sighed and held up his hands in defeat.

"Alright, alright. You win." The blonde smiled leaning back against the bench. "Now what?"
Hoseok checked his watch.

"I actually have to get going, I just wanted to try an cheer you up a bit." He replied.
Yoongi frowned slightly.

"Where do you have to go?" It wasn't like Yoongi to be nosey, especially to someone he didn't know very well, but he couldn't help it. He enjoyed Hoseok's company quite a bit.

"College. I have class in fifteen minutes, and it takes about five to drive there." He replied, standing up.

"Oh?" Yoongi asked, "What're you studying?" He stood up as well, brushing his jeans off slightly.

"I'm studying dance." Hoseok answered, shoving his hands in his pockets.
Yoongi's eyes widened slightly, he didn't have Hoseok pinned down as a dancer. Can't predict everything, I guess. He thought.

"That's really cool." Yoongi smiled, "So do you have to create your own choreographies and stuff like that?"
Hoseok nodded.

"That and actual academic classes, learning about the theory of dance. The whole package."

"That must be a lot of work." Yoongi noted, moving a few pieces of hair out of his eyes.

"It is," Hoseok agreed, "But it'll be worth it." He smiled and was silent of a second before looking back up at Yoongi. "Anyway, It was nice talking to you! Stop back at the coffee shop sometime, I might be able to slip you something 'on the house'"
Hoseok winked, grinning, and gave Yoongi a small wave before turning around and making his way over to his car.

"It was nice talking to you too." Yoongi replied, talking mostly to himself though, as he knew that Hoseok wouldn't be able to hear him.

-------

"Don't you ever stop and think, 'I'm an almost twenty one year old man, and I'm wearing a flower crown'?"

"Don't you ever stop and think that your opinions aren't needed, Namjoon?"

Yoongi kept his back to his friend as he moved a pot of flowers that was supposed to be in shade, out of the sunlight.

He wasn't technically scheduled to work right now, but Taehyung called in sick (Even though Yoongi and him both knew he wasn't sick and was just wanting to spend the day playing this knew video game that came out). "Why are you even here?"

"What if I just wanted to pay my friend a visit?" Namjoon asked, laughing.

"Then you've come at the wrong time. I'm tired, come back when I'm not."

"You're always tired though."

Yoongi flashed a grin in response, making Namjoon roll his eyes.

"Anyway," He continued, "I also wanted to ask you something."

Yoongi hummed in response, letting Namjoon know he acknowledged him, although he was still moving pots around, making a face of disgust as he saw how dusty the shelves were.

"It's mine and Seokjin-Hyung's one month anniversary in a week. I was wondering if you could pick out a flower I could give to him." He finished, his face turning pinker than normal.
Yoongi giggled.

"How sweet!" He cooed, "No but really, I'll get something nice for him."

Namjoon grinned, "Thanks, you're the best."

Yoongi shrugged and stuck his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, I know."

----------
A/N: There are snippets of this chapter written all over my math notebook because I was thinking about writing this all day today.
-Charlie