Miss Mystic Falls

CHAPTER 11: MISS MYSTIC FALLS

(A/N: I chose to do this chapter in 3rd person so that you guys can decide if you want me to write in 3rd or 1st person.)

Mystic Falls High School

In the classroom of Alaric Saltzman, meaning history class, Elena Gilbert was sitting with her boyfriend Stefan Salvatore and her sister Natalie Saltzman.

Stefan kept glancing over at Natalie, he knew that he didn't really have a reason to be worried about her. She seemed fine at the founder's party, so she would be alright at the moment. But as he failed to protect her when they were captured by Fredrick and his minions he wanted to make sure that he had the possibilty to protect her, even if she was perfectly capable of protecting herself.

He did feel slightly guilty for not thinking about Elena and wanting to protect her, his girlfriend. But he had yet to experience a moment where he wasn't able to save her. With Natalie he felt like he couldn't do anything. And it frustrated him to no extent.

He didn't really pay any attention to Alaric's lecture. Unlike Natalie who was staring at her father intently as she was ready to write down her notes.

"Okay, this week we're gonna set outside our regular curriculum for a lesson in local history as we approach Founders' Day. Apparently the community leaders feels it's more important than World War II but hey what do I know?" Alaric slightly joked to his students.

No one expected that Alaric would be interuppted by the entrance of a returning student, who's been gone for a few weeks.

Whilst Stefan and Elena instantly recognized the dark-skinned girl, Natalie had no idea who she was. Elena was shocked to see her best friend back, she thought she'd be gone for a little while longer. Stefan was guilty. As soon as he saw her face he was guilty. It was, after all, his plan that killed her grandmother. Natalie was confused as hell when she saw Stefan and Elena's reactions.

"Sorry, I'm late." Bonnie Bennett apologized to her teacher.

Alaric, on the other hand, smiled at the Bennett girl. "Well, it looks like we will be at full occupancy today. Welcome home, Bonnie."

Bonnie rushed over to sit in her seat, offering Elena a smile that was returned. But the young witch's smile instantly faded when she saw the youngest Salvatore, who smiled at her. Elena and Stefan exchanged confused looks at Bonnie's reaction. Natalie just frowned, having no idea what was going on.

▹▹▹

"Who's Bonnie Bennett?" Natalie asked Caroline, finally catching up to her best friend.

Caroline smiled brightly when the brunette when she walked up to her.

She would never admit it, but she had no idea what she'd have done if Natalie hadn't joined her group of friends. Of course, she had Elena and Bonnie, but neither of them would really call her their best friend. Elena was Bonnie's best friend and Bonnie was Elena's. And with Matt clearly still having feelings for Elena it didn't really make her feel better. Well, until Natalie came. She knew that she was the first person to welcome Natalie as an actual friend, and she hoped that would mean that Natalie would choose her to be her best friend. It did, of course. But when she found out that Natalie and Elena were twins, she was afraid that she'd find another person who would choose Elena over her. Luckily, Natalie knew Caroline enough to know her insecurities,so Natalie quickly reassured the blonde that her and Elena being sisters wasn't going to make Natalie care any less about Caroline. Which was exactly what Caroline needed to hear.

"Why are you asking?" she frowned as she tilted her head.

"Well, Elena and Stefan reacted really weirdly when she showed up in class today." Natalie shrugged.