The Return

CHAPTER 15: THE RETURN

Mystic Falls Hospital

"Natalie, how's Caroline?" Bonnie sighed as she ran towards the other brunette.

"She's not good, Bonnie." Natalie said, stopping the sob from building up in the back of her throat as her face twisted into a sad grimace.

"What happened?" Bonnie frowned in concern, placing a hand on the hunter's arm.

"I think the device might have affected Tyler." Natalie admitted bluntly.

"What?" Bonnie asked, her eyes widening.

"Well, Matt told me that Tyler was complaining over some noise, like he was getting a migraine or something. That's exactly what happened to all the vampires, and the mayor was also affected, and, as you know, he's Tyler's dad." Natalie explained quickly.

"You blame me, I know." Bonnie rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"No, I don't." Natalie smiled shortly, despite the situation.

Bonnie frowned at her words wondering what she was talking about.

"I see you're confused, the tomb vampires were a threat to not only us, but also everyone in town. Plus, Damon's kind of an asshole." Bonnie laughed slightly at her new friend's words.

"Thank you for understanding." Bonnie smiled.

"Well, Caroline's not here to try to make us friends, so I thought I'd do it on my own." Natalie chuckled.

"I'm glad to have someone on my side in this. Elena's too in love with Stefan to even notice." Bonnie said, her expression suddenly becoming sad.

"Try being her sister, who has to hang out with him sometimes. Only for her to be all possessive for no reason, whatsoever." Natalie laughed.

▹▹▹

"Bonnie, Natalie, how's Caroline?" Elena asked as she walked up to the two, who were trying to pick up each other's moods.

"Weak. They're not sure if she's going to make it or not." Natalie sighed, but keeping a small smile on her face, as if forcing herself to maintain a happy image, which she was.

"Is there something that you can do? Like a spell or something?" Elena asked as she turned around to look at Bonnie.

"She doesn't know how, do you?" Damon asked as he walked over to stand by the three brunette girls.

"No, I don't." the witch admitted, almost like she was ashamed over it.

"No, you don't because it took Emily years to learn a spell like that." the vampire said, bringing up Bonnie's ancestor, Emily Bennett, from the 1860's, who was Katherine's handmaiden.

"Well, I can take down a vampire, that spell was easy to learn." Bonnie retorted angrily at Damon's dissing.

"I can give Caroline some blood." Damon suggested as he turned to Elena.

"No, no way." Elena protested, the idea bing absurd in her mind.

"No, just enough to heal her. She will be safe in the hospital and it will be out of her system in a day, she will be better, Elena." Damon tried to convince her.

"It's too risky, I can't agree to that." Elena shook her head in disagreement.

"Do it. "Natalie broke into the conversation. When she noticed Elena looking between her and Bonnie with the same shocked expression, she realized that Bonnie said it too. "Elena, this isn't just some random car crash. This is Caroline. We can't let her die."