Homecoming

CHAPTER 45: HOMECOMING

The Salvatore Boarding House

It turns out that when Natalie was having her conversations with Rebekah that Stefan and Damon had met the originals' father, Mikael, who was out to kill Klaus, as you know, and that caused some panic in Natalie's mind as she had successfully kept her past from everyone of her friends so that they wouldn't see her differently, as she knew they would do without even realizing it.

So, she did her best to avoid Mikael and his plans, but she was stupid enough to not realize that they would be planning at the Salvatore Boarding House, where everything was planned as the Salvatores always seemed to be in the middle of whatever supernatural issues they've gotten themselves involved with at the moment.

"Where is it?" she heard Stefan ask someone, although she didn't know who it was yet as she had avoided any mention of the original vampire/vampire hunter that they summoned.

"Not here. The knowing of its location is my insurance policy." an unfamiliar voice answered, and it sent chills down her spine, and just because of that, she knew that it was Mikael.

"Against what?" Stefan asked once again, even though Elena and Damon were there too, but Stefan seemed to be the responsible one even without his humanity.

"You leaving this in my heart," Mikael answered, a cold edge to his voice, showing that he didn't trust them at all. "You see, a vampire can't dagger an original without dying. So...it falls to you."

Natalie wasn't sure who he was talking to at first as she only heard Mikael and Stefan's voices and neither of them would be able to dagger the original seeing as Mikael was the original and Stefan was a regular vampire so he would certainly be killed if he did that.

But she got the answer of who was there when her older sister spoke up. "Y- You want me to actually dagger you?"

Natalie peeked out from behind the wall she was hiding behind and saw that it wasn't only Mikael, Stefan and Elena that was there, but Damon was lurking behind them, not saying a word.

"Klaus will leave nothing to chance- especially when it comes to trust." Mikael responded to that as a reason to why Elena would have to, and just in that moment, Natalie caught someone's eye.

"Natalie? What are you doing here?" Damon asked, making everyone turn to look at the brunette none of them knew would visit the boarding house at that exact moment.

The huntress glanced over at the man that had to be Mikael that seemed surprised at her appearance, which she got, because how would he know that the reincarnation of his children's childhood friend was alive and well in the same town he was in at the moment when he had no sources that could tell him. "Oh, I was actually wondering where Elena was so we could find out what we were going to do for homecoming. But turns out that you guys are busy, so I'm going to go." she said, turning around, but she didn't get to have her escape.

"Natalia," Mikael interrupted her leaving, and made her curse under her breath because it seemed like he might have just ruined everything she had worked for, that meaning that he would reveal everything that she had tried her best to keep hidden. "I see you've been reincarnated."

Damon, Stefan and Elena all frowned at this, not having heard anything about reincarnation when it comes to Natalie, all of them turning towards her questioningly. "What?"

Natalie had the unrealistic hope that the three others in the room didn't hear it but she knew that it was stupid, but hope is hope. Even if it turned out not to be justified. "Oh, did I forget to mention that?"