Memory Lane

CHAPTER 18: MEMORY LANE

The Woods

"What are we doing here?" Caroline complained as she walked through the woods with Natalie, who was carrying a bag.

"I just want to try something out." Natalie shrugged before stopping, making Caroline stop with her.

She opened her bag, only to reveal her bow and some arrows.

Caroline's eyes quicky widened at the fear of that she might shoot her. "What are you going to do with that?"

"I just bought some new arrows, but I have no idea what they do, so I'm going to check it out with you." Natalie smiled.

"Please don't shoot me!" Caroline exclaimed fearfully as Natalie pulled out an arrow out of her bag.

Natalie quickly started laughing at Caroline. "I'm not gonna shoot you, Care. Concider it part of your vampy training. If anything goes wrong and I'm close to dying then you need to speed over to me to save me."

"I can do that." Caroline nodded confidently.

"Good." Natalie sighed before pulling the bowstring back with her arrow and aiming towards the closest tree.

Natalie took a deep breath as she aimed, and then she shot the tree, only for the tip of the arrow to explode into amazingly sparkling sparks.

Caroline's eyes widened at the small explosion. "Well, that was fun. Any more lethal weapons you want to try out?"

"If you insist, I can shoot you." Natalie shrugged.

"No thank you."

▹▹▹

The Gilbert House

"Alaric" had come up with the amazing idea that Jenna should host a barbeque. Of course, he didn't mention that it was all Damon's idea to put silver in Mason Lockwood to prove that he was, in fact, a werewolf. Natalie and Elena were of course invited, but as Natalie had decided to take on the mentoring role for Caroline she decided that it would be a good idea to invite Caroline.

"Thanks for letting me invite Caroline. She could use a day of distraction." Natalie told Jenna as the two were in the kitchen.

"Well, she's not the plus one I'm worried about. Why is Damon coming?" Jenna asked in disgust, her disliking Damon was evident.

"Because my dad's a dumbass." Natalie sighed annoyedly.

"Amen to that!" Jenna laughed-

▹▹▹

"Good news! I found the shot glasses!" Mason smiled as he walked into the living room where Natalie, Alaric and Jenna were sitting.

Mason, Alaric and Jenna's stares moved to Natalie.

"That's your cue." Alaric reminded her.

"But Elena and Caroline are probably talking about some relationship things and I know nothing about relationships I haven't had one in way too long." Natalie complained.

"It's only been a year since that Scott kid in California." Alaric reminded his daughter.

"Yeah, a whole year." Natalie said.

"Well, food's almost ready so you can go get them then get back, okay?" Jenna rolled her eyes.

"Fine then." Natalie nodded and walked out to get them but heard Caroline say some things she shouldn't say.