1912

CHAPTER 52: 1912

The Police Station

And it seemed like nobody could stay out of trouble without Natalie supervising them. Damon went out and turned Bonnie's estranged mother into a vampire to make sure that the originals survived, making sure Elena did as well. And then it was her dad, who had went home to his new girlfriend, Dr, Meredith Fell, and ended up getting arrested. Apparently, he pulled a knife on her and that made him a suspect when it came to the murders in Mystic Falls.

Once she finally got to the station to see him and hopefully get him out, she ran into Damon, who looked as if he had just gotten out of there. "Were you just-?"

He cut her off, knowing that she was just worried for her closest family member. "Ric's fine. Sheriff wants me to stay out of it."

Natalie scrunched her nose up at the though of Damon just leaving Alaric behind because of what Sheriff Forbes told him. "Somehow, I find it hard to believe that you will."

"Seems just as good a plan as any." he shrugged nonchalantly, not really knowing what else he was supposed to do that would make Alaric's case stronger.

"Woah, what happened to you? You're Damon 'meddling jerk' Salvatore." Natalie reminded him, thinking that he might figure something out, he always did, even if he ended up getting someone else killed. But at the same time, Alaric wasn't Elena, so he wouldn't go to as great lengths for him to be safe.

"Well, I guess I could rip out Dr. False Accusation's throat. Maybe her tongue. You know, I could chew it up into little tiny pieces and feed it to the squirrels." he then mimicked a squirrel-chewing-sound, which only let her respond with her famous eye-roll.

"Shut up." she groaned, bumping his stomach with her elbow.

He smirked at her as she seemed to give up on him helping. "Guess me staying out of it suddenly sounds like a good idea, doesn't it? And now is probably a good time to apologize for lying to you last night."

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to. If I were you, I'd give Bonnie a call." Natalie gave him a cold look, even though it saved her sister and she wanted her to be safe, she didn't want it to go on Bonnie all the time, because she was a very good friend of hers.

He nodded in agreement with a false look of sympathy for the Bennett witch. "I know, you're right, her and her mom must be really hurting right now. Should I send lasagna?"

"And now you're back to being all Damon-ish." she sighed, closing her eyes in annoyance, because even though he could be a good person once in time he was still the most annoying person she knew (other then herself).

"I'm Damon-ish, you hate it. The Earth is back on its axis."

▹▹▹

Mystic Falls Hospital

Natalie knew that if there was one place to locate the bitch who got her dad locked up so that she could maybe, perhaps convince her that she made a mistake. Or she'd just kick her ass. She ended up in the parking lot, and Meredith spotted her, realizing that this wouldn't be friendly, but it was unavoidable.

"I'm due in surgery. Whatever case you're gonna make against Alaric, make it quick." she said, ignoring that this girl's last parent was in jail for something she was very sure he didn't do.

"I don't need a case, he didn't do anything!" Natalie exclaimed in refusal to believe that her father, the man she looked up to for so long, was a cold-blooded killer who killed people like her best friend's dad.

Meredith rolled her eyes at her just not wanting to see any other side of the case but her own. "How do you know? Sure you live with him, he takes care of you, but do you really know anything about him?"