Founder's Day

CHAPTER 14: FOUNDERS DAY

Town Square

"Hey, assholes!" Natalie smiled as she walked up to Stefan and Damon as the Founder's Day parade was starting soon.

"What are you doing here?" Damon rolled his eyes annoyedly at the brunette.

"Drove Elena here, who of course wants to make her dramatic entrance." Natalie smirked and raised an eyebrow at the boys. "So what did you guys talk about before I made Your day a whole lot better by gracing you with my presence?"

"Basically about Stefan being insecure about Elena. I mean, if you really trust her and love her as much as you say you do, why are you even worried?" Damon smirked. "But, hey, I get it. I'm the better, hotter, superior choice and you're scared, now that Katherine is out of the picture, that I'm gonna turn all my attention to Elena. But don't worry, Elena is not Katherine."

Stefan tilted his head and sighed. "You're right, she's not."

"Ehm, probably something I need to mention-" Natalie was cut off by Elena's appearance. "And, I think that speaks for itself."

Elena walked closer to the brothers and other and smirked as she curtsied.

"Yeah, kind of dressed Elena scarily similar to Katherine. Sorry." Natalie frowned slightly, but neither Stefan nor Damon noticed as their gazes were trapped on Elena.

"So, you're just gonna ignore me?" No one responded. "Oh, that's cool, I suppose."

▹▹▹

Soon, Damon left, feeling very uncomfortable about the fact that he was staring at his brother's girlfriend in a way that no guy should ever stare at their brother's girlfriend.

So, he left his brother with two girls who's about hear a shocking revelation.

"John? Is that even possible?" Elena questioned, her eyes widening.

"There is no proof, but he dated Isobel when she was a teenager and he was the one who brought her to your dad's office for the delivery." Stefan shrugged worriedly.

"My whole life I've never liked this man. I..." Elena trailed off.

"Sorry, I'm sorry. I just...I wanted to tell you before Damon dropped it on you two on some typically inappropriate way." Stefan frowned his signature frown.

"No, thank you. We needed to know... we wanted to know," Natalie sighed. "I just... how or when are we supposed to confront him about that?"

"I guess, when you're ready." Stefan smiled comfortingly, putting his hand on her shoulder in a little more then friendly gesture.

"I'm never gonna be ready." Elena said jealously, desperately trying to get the attention away from Natalie, whilst ignoring Natalie."Stefan, I have enough problems with the family that I actually care about. Jeremy hates me, and why wouldn't he? My journal gave him every single reason to."

"I have a feeling that this is going to have nothing to do with me, so I'm gonna go." Natalie said awkwardly, not noticing Stefan's lingering look on her, but Elena did.

▹▹▹

"Please, Nat!" Caroline begged her best friend who was standing in front of her With her hands on her hips.

"You don't want that, I promise you." Natalie scrunched her nose up.

"I just want you to take a picture of me and Matt." Caroline frowned before stroking the fabric of her 1860's dress.