Brave New World

CHAPTER 16: BRAVE NEW WORLD

Mystic Falls High School

As Caroline, the person who basically arranged and took care of everything or anything in Mystic Falls, was still in the hospital, Natalie, Bonnie and Elena basically had to take care of the school carnival. Well, mostly Natalie, seeing as when she visited the blonde she basically commanded her to take charge. But that gave the three brunettes time to talk things over.

"Katherine looked just like you, it was freakish." Bonnie told the twins, mostly Elena, though, as she recalled her meeting with Elena's doppelganger.

"She is our ancestor." Natalie said, before talking about the carnival. "Hey, I moved the student booth into the cafeteria."

"Your vampire ancestor and she didn't just resemble Elena like a family member would. She was Elena." Bonnie retorted.

"I don't know, I can't explain it. It's creepy, that's all I got." Elena shrugged, staring weirdly at her sister as she scolded some guy for dropping a bag of candy.

"How do you know she's not still out there pretending to be you?" Bonnie asked as Natalie walked back towards them.

"I don't." Elena shrugged.

"But, instead of being tortured by not-knowing, could you rather get these prizes to the ring toss." Natalie smirked as she handed Elena's a bag of prizes.

"Have you talk to Damon since he killed Natalie or tried to kill Natalie?" the witch asked.

"Techinally, he did kill me. I just came back to life." Natalie corrected.

"No, Bonnie, I haven't and I won't and I don't want to talk about Damon or anything else that's vampire related, okay?" Elena said sternly before handing Bonnie the bag of prizes, making Natalie give her a look. "I'm human. And I have to do human stuff. Otherwise, I'm going to go crazy."

"Okay, I'm sorry, I'll focus." Bonnie apologized.

"Good," Natalie sighed in relief. "Because if this isn't done right, then Caroline will kill us. Slowly and painfully. I just don't get how she does it."

"Well, because she's not human, obviously." Elena joked.

"Obviously." Bonnie jokingly agreed whilst Natalie gave them a not-amused look. Before she laughed, of course, with Bonnie and Elena following.

▹▹▹

The next day as Natalie was done with most of the tasks she'd given herself she decided to rest. Well, not as much decided as Elena telling her that she better calm her ass down and relax.

And that's when Damon decided to walk up to the huntress.

Natalie turned around as soon as she heard someone walking up behind her. When she saw who it was she groaned. "Here to kill me again?"

"Can't do that when you don't have the ring." Damon retorted as he walked up next to her. "Speaking of, where is it?"

Natalie turned around with an annoyed look. "Gave it to Jeremy. You know, just in case you decided to go on an 'exclusive Elena's siblings only killing spree'."

"Don't try to be funny. That's my thing." Damon said annoyedly.

"Sorry, I'm naturally hilarious." Natalie smirked.